cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

lighting upgrades

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
We want to replace some of our interior lighting, with more up-to-date, attractive fixtures. Does anyone have a source for RV interior lighting fixtures at a reasonable price?? Particular looking for dining room over dinette, and bath.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

13 REPLIES 13

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
E-bay and Amazon are good sources, With Amazon if you have Chrome use the HONEY add on.

Marine stores carry a wide variety of 12 volt fixtures but tend to be pricey.

You can also go to LED stores.. I do suggest LED lighting.. To give you an example.

Years ago I bought a Track Light system.... Well it used 20 watt Halogen "Landscape" type spots.. I eventually replaced 'em with 5 Watt Florcesent which were not quite as bright.. I just replaced one of those which burned out (Been over a decade) with a 4 Watt LED... WOW, Bright.. It is.

I've also converted one of my Thin-Light Fluorescents to LED (Actually 2) and will do the other two on a BOB bases (Burned Out Bulb).

And most of the other fixtures to LED also on a BOB basis.

But I've not changed the fixtures.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to everyone for the ideas. Just haven't seen anything that strikes my fancy yet, but haven't given up. BTW, I did another lighting upgrade that worked very well, to eliminate the blazing hot fixture that was there. Here is a link to the photo album that shows it all. Enjoy! Click on each photo to see comments.

Lighting upgrade

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
crasster wrote:
This goes against the grain of our day but I read something that stated that LED and CFL lighting does not give out the correct light to see the full spectrum of color and can actually cause depression. For me, I stick with regular lighting especially for interior or table positions that I frequent.

I always blamed it on other people I had to deal with and watching the news!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"can actually cause depression"

So that's it! LED and CFL lighting!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
This goes against the grain of our day but I read something that stated that LED and CFL lighting does not give out the correct light to see the full spectrum of color and can actually cause depression. For me, I stick with regular lighting especially for interior or table positions that I frequent.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Just find one's you like at HD or Lowes.
2013 ACE 29.2

23hotrodr
Explorer
Explorer
Try: RV Upgrade Store
Dyer's RV Supply
adventurerv.net
tweedys.com
2007 Itasca Suncruiser 35L
2000 Jeep Wrangler

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
gustafson lighting has a few, sure someone will post others.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Can't find any pictures, I will post some tomorrow. I want to replace the entire fixture. Most of the ones for home use are much bigger than what is needed in the MH.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just the bulbs or are you looking for completely new fixtures? Where are these and what do you have now?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen 12 volt light bulbs that screw into regular light bulb sockets. There may even be LED's online somewhere. If you used those you could use any 120 volt fixture you wanted to just by wiring it up to 12 volts.

12 volt LED Bulbs

another bulb

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I've bought a bunch of them on Fleabay. We saw all the same ones at the RV show.