cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pres weekend pics

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Presidents weekend at Calico. We planned on leaving Friday but the storms rolled through with 60mph wind gusts so we stayed home all day Friday debating to cancel the trip or wait it out. I said wait it out wife and kids said cancel, I convinced them it will be cleared up safe to travel and there will be no rain in Barstow. Saturday at noon the rain let up and the winds died off as planned and we hit the road. Scattered showers in Fillmore and Santa Clarita. It cleared up around Little Rock.

126 / never seen it this green in a looooooong time.

138 In little rock

Camp - at Calico(Sand whiched between two 40' trailers and a Class A our 19' looked tiny) the O sections are specific sites for OHV - has full hooks ups and is pretty much flat. Cabins and restrooms located in the middle. The water isn't recommended to use as potable so you have to fill up where the dump station is.

Clear skies and warm sunshine - the girls were happy i didn't cancel the trip, we escaped the rains.

Doesn't get much better than this - unless it's at the beach ๐Ÿ™‚

Sunday was patchy clouds but still nice out.

Rzr parking at the back of the parking lot where the stairs are.

Hello WWW from ricky and Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚

Finally took the rzr for a spin - just cruised around. Down below there were on Mule canyon people were camping in the back. It's all BLM.

Shot from the 15 headed back home - we hit rain in Santa Clarita all the way home to Oxnard

Thanks for reading.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker
17 REPLIES 17

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
Wow I just remembered the thread might still exesist in here. 10 years ago, hey Mr Mod, Dave. Can you look and see if it does?

The Black Death was what the weather brought us as a gift, Saturday morning. The winds picked up and blew so hard, it drove rocks, sand and dust. You couldn't walk outside without goggles. I thought I would die in my hauler cause I was broadsided to the wind direction. I layer on the couch in the hauler wondering when it would flip over, killing me. I video taped it on my cell. So much carnage the next morning. The tiki bar, destroyed. Truck doors bent backwards. Motorhome doors smashed backwards. Awnings, Gone!!!

Wow...But thankfully no one hurt. I don't know where the bouncy thing went, it was gone. Those of you there lived it, fun stuff huh?

Hahahahahaha
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
Ready For Easter!!

Years ago I held an Easter Rally @ Dove Springs, 4 points...I brought in the cords of wood, bouncy for the kids, custom tiki bar with 42" plasma tv showing concert video's on a nice stereo system. Amazing good time, so many rigs made the journey....

And then on Saturday morning came the Black Death Cloud.. What an Adventure that was. HAHAHAHA
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
mpoulsen wrote:
Sounds good!! We'll talk before then with details, I got a couple months to rebuild the engine in the RZR now!

stoked!

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds good!! We'll talk before then with details, I got a couple months to rebuild the engine in the RZR now!

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
mpoulsen wrote:
Hey eDUBz, Looks like you had fun, is there alot of riding area with the RZR there if so I would put it on my list. We making plan to go camping and riding at the Husky Memorial area on Memorial day weekend, your welcome to come along, same good people we had at Wagon Wheel;should be fun!

Yeah lots of riding - we didn't venture too far. It's all connected to Mojave desert. Sounds great we will definitely meetup memorial weekend. We always go out for memorial, last year was dove springs for us.

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Hey eDUBz, Looks like you had fun, is there alot of riding area with the RZR there if so I would put it on my list. We making plan to go camping and riding at the Husky Memorial area on Memorial day weekend, your welcome to come along, same good people we had at Wagon Wheel;should be fun!

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Your killing me! Great images but they make me miss camping even more.
Has anyone ever died of cabin fever? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yup. The Donner party.
Ray

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
24fb freedom wrote:
You past littlerock and didn't stop to say hello,lol
we headed out to cal city again, the dirt was great! Great riding weather that weekend.

I waived as we drove through. My oldest daughter remembered when you rolled up that time. She was like dad isn't this the place the guy said he knows you.

24fb_freedom
Explorer
Explorer
You past littlerock and didn't stop to say hello,lol
we headed out to cal city again, the dirt was great! Great riding weather that weekend.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
thanks for the write up, another place we have to go, been decades since I was in Calico, need to hit it and then up into Death Valley.

Anytime, I enjoy posting up out trips.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the write up, another place we have to go, been decades since I was in Calico, need to hit it and then up into Death Valley.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Nicholsfamily05
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. Amazing pictures. So jealous looks like you had a good time overall. We can't wait to ours up and running once the snow clears out
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab, SRW. Cummins Turbo Diesel Automatic 68RFE Trans
50 gallon diesel Transfer Flow tank with the Traxx 3 system.
2017 Sierra FLIK 5th Wheel
42' Front Livingroom, 15K
Hydraulic level up system

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
Great pics, we were doing the same @ calcity.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Thanks for the pics. You always look like you're having a great time.

Always brother. we love taking the TH, the best depreciating thing we ever bought.