cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Full Time warranty

CarolynandBob
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at getting a new 5th wheel. A person I was talking to today said they went with Mobile Suites because they have a full time warranty. He said a lot of the other manufacturers have in their fine print that they do not cover the unit if it is used full time.

I have never heard of this. Have any of you? Some say just don't tell them but it is pretty clear we are full timers.
2017 Vilano 375FL (Bob's Cabin Carolyn's Beach House)
2017 F350 Dually 4x4
8 Year old Pug/Terrier
9 Year old Puggle
8 Year old Boxer/Greyhound
8 REPLIES 8

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
I agree, I think after your initial RV warranty is up your really on your own at that point, full timing or not. I really don't see that as an issue for us as we plan to full time in a 5th wheel toy hauler.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
This is just a sales gimmick. Full-timers buy new RVs from all manufacturers. Being around full-timers constantly for 16 years we've never heard of anyone having warranty issues. We didn't.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
This is in fact quite common. Many manufacturers claim a recreational vehicle is designed to be used for recreation and only intermittently, and using it all the time, as in living in it permanently, is exceeding its design capabilities, and is considered abuse, and not warranted. And according to HUD, they are right!

Quite true but this only applies during the warranty period. After the warranty runs out...you are on your own, no problem

Chiefcpo
Explorer
Explorer
RedWood built for full timing. but then most only have a 1 year warranty, RW has a 5 year limited warranty on some things. all appliances are covered by their mfg.

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
I dont know what is standard, but when we bought our Grand Design Momentum TH, they specified that the warranty covered full-time living. In 2014 we did not see that published with very many manufacturers. The reality is that there seems to be very little difference in the way 5vers are manufactured, but what is different is their service after the sale. I'm speaking of the manufacturer - not the dealer. Dealers could generally care less unless they see another purchase in the immediate future.

With that said, unless a warranty specifically stated that I did NOT cover full-time use, I think any manufacturer would have problems denying coverage.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure you get it in writing from the manufacture, and notarized in the presents of a Harvard lawyer. Here's another fact, people are living (full-time) in all kinds of rigs and there not covered under any kind of warranty. And that's just the way things are.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
This is in fact quite common. Many manufacturers claim a recreational vehicle is designed to be used for recreation and only intermittently, and using it all the time, as in living in it permanently, is exceeding its design capabilities, and is considered abuse, and not warranted. And according to HUD, they are right!

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know about warranties, but I love your handle, my DW of 47 years is named Carolyn!