cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windshield replacement

2BNOT2B
Explorer
Explorer
The windshield on my motor home needs to be replaced. I would like to have it done in Albuquerque, NM this summer.

Looking for recommendations on where to get the work done.

Thanks in advance for all input.

Bill
03, Fleetwood Expedition, 39Z
300HP Cummins, 6 Speed Allison
2013, Jeep Wrangler Sport
16 REPLIES 16

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Diamond may have what you need. I wouldn't take advice from a Texan if I still lived in NM. There is crime everywhere.

Crime Rates Houston, Texas Albuquerque, New Mexico United States
Violent Crime 87.8 67.5 31.1
Property Crime 61.5 62.3 38.1
The crime indices range 1-100. A higher number corresponds with more crime. Our crime rates are based on FBI data. Gosh, Is Houston South of Oklahoma City and Dallas?

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call your ins co for suggestions. We had ours done in Yuma at an RV park. They drove down from Phoenix and it only took a couple hours. Ours is a one piece and 2 guys did it.
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ

JD38
Explorer
Explorer
RV Glass Solutions is the only one who could finally get a replacement to fit for me. They are fantastic
Joe and Phyllis
FourWinds Windsport, 35D
2003 Liberty
๐Ÿ™‚

426smartin
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure you tint is the same---- my was 10 " lower had to re tint

C20
Explorer
Explorer
I would NEVER use RV glass solutions! They sent me to a shop that totally messed up the install. The parking lot was too small to get in, I had to come at 7 in the am to get in. Then they said it would take 4 hours, took 9. I waited until almost 6 in the pm to pick it up. They broke a mirror, and were going to put the trim back on without the brackets on, since they broke two of them taking them off. I told them no, and they went and got brackets. The windshield now leaks and whistles going down the road. RV glass solutions has given me no resolution! I'm going to take it to the dealer to have it redone and the mirror fixed at my expense. I would avoid them at all costs!
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

2BNOT2B
Explorer
Explorer
Flapbreaker, as I understand what I have read and other information yes they replace the gasket. You will probably get you question answered before I can give you info.

flapbreaker
Explorer
Explorer
When they replace the windshield do they replace the gasket? What if it's an older rv (2000) will they have the correct gasket?

2BNOT2B
Explorer
Explorer
Ron & Dennis, Yes I have a two piece windshield and the numbers, it is also tinted. Will call RV Glass Solutions for best place for replacement.

Dennis, We will head West end of July or early August. Crack is on passenger side and a few chips on the drivers side. This summer we are semi-stationary because of Dr. appointments.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge with me, Bill.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had one replaced in Florida and another in Las Vegas. Both were done in less than an hour by two guys with a scaffold. Both were done at campgrounds while we sat and watched.....RV Glass Solutions took over the old Monaco buildings in Coburg. They will guarantee their work even though much of it is subbed out locally. They install nationwide...how soon do you need it done? I'm going to the FMCA rally next week and they will be there. Last rally they offered a gift certificate which matched my deductible...I could ask...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bill,
I believe that your coach has a two piece windshield. There is no heavy equipment involved to change out the windshield. It will help if you give them the number in the corner of the windshield, driver or passenger side, and whether or not your windshield is tinted.
You do not have to worry about them having an office in the city where you want your windshield replaced. They will find someone that will come to you and replace the windshield wherever you are parked.
As I said, RV Glass sent two guys out to change one of my windshields. They will set up a schedule with you at your location and it took them about one hour to do the complete job.
All you need to do is make sure that the loose stuff is off of your dash because the removal process takes place inside with one of the men pushing the old glass out. After that, the installation is from the outside except when they go back inside to clean it before they leave.

2BNOT2B
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for your replies and concerns for our well being. My son lives in Los Lunas (low crime) area. When in Alb. we stay at Kirtland, AFB about as secure as you can get. Just thought it would be convenient to get a replacement in Alb. in the event it took 2/3 days, could hang out with son.

Seeing that I am heading to Tucson, AZ after leaving Alb, I will take Ron's suggestion and get RV Glass to do the replacement in Tucson because of an office in Phoenix.

This may work out or may not in any event thanks for all the help.

Safe travels, Bill

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Mile High wrote:
You might have better luck up in Denver.
Please don't associate anything I implied with what Bitster98 is implying! I spend a lot of time in NM both working and for recreation and I don't come to any the those conclusions. I simply meant that the install of the windshield requires some hefty equipment and techniques, and having an office in Alb I don't recall any shops there very well equipment to handle it. I would probably try the bigger city North.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

bitster98
Explorer
Explorer
I would not even consider stopping in Abq . Reason-crime-crime & more crime. Nm is beyond broke.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
You might have better luck up in Denver.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed