cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winter Yosemite Campsite question

DAS26miles
Explorer
Explorer
We have reservations in a few weeks for Upper Pines. I know there has been a lot of snow and only the first two loops are open. Anyone been there lately and is there a lot of snow surrounding the sites. I've been there in the past and sometimes it's clear and others they plow only the road and pads and no space behind for MH overhang. A pile of snow right behind the Stop.
2 REPLIES 2

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
It depends on when you are going -- by later in March, much of the snow melts on the valley floor. We've been there in early March where we had to shovel a little snow in order to store stuff under the trailer. Just in case, maybe bring a small shovel. I don't think an ordinary snow shovel is either necessary or adequate -- the old snow tends to be clumpy and icy, and a regular garden shovel might do a better job of penetrating the pile.

If you are there in a cold snap, try to take the trail up toward the top of Yosemite Falls -- the spray freezes on the cliff walls at night and then breaks off and thunders down in the morning. Very exciting, and fortunately not onto the trail.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

1stgenfarmboy
Explorer
Explorer
I know right now it looks like the frazzle ice is flowing, that is something I always wanted to see.

sorry I had no info for you, have fun ...I wish we was going with you.
1993 Dodge W350 Cummins with all the goodies
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 2wd 395hp
2017 Forest River Surveyor 243 RBS
2001 Super Sherpa & 2012 DL650A go along also