Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RAM friends and family discount

rav
Explorer
Explorer
HI
we are looking to buy a Ram truck. Looking to see if anyone has a friends and family discount number we could use.

thanks
20 REPLIES 20

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
rav wrote:
the dealer is at 10k under msrp (51240 and selling is 41200) the rebates expire on the 28th

As a general rule of thumb, the closer to the end of the model year the higher the rebates go.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
it is a 2017- like you I only care about the bottom line- how much is the truck.
good to know about being able to push it out a few days- In the morning I am going to ask for a sales order and have the deal extend out until wednesday, if not I will get in on Monday (Tuesday is a holiday)

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
rav wrote:
the dealer is at 10k under msrp (51240 and selling is 41200) the rebates expire on the 28th

Is that on a 2017 model? If so, I think it's a pretty good price. When I bought in March of 2014 through the Costco program that's about the discount I got. If that's a leftover 2016 you should be able to do better.

I've never bought into the whole "invoice price" or "rebates" that expire thing. EVERY dealer will say you MUST purchase by the end of the month or the deal expires. So, do you really think if you want in on the 2nd of the next month they are going to say, "Wow, you sure missed out. We can't even come close to what we just sold these for last month."??? Yeah, sure.

Holdbacks, invoice, rebates, blah, blah, blah. It's all just stuff to cloud the waters and help the dealer. The only 2 numbers that matter to me are MSRP and what they willing to sell for. Everything in between are their numbers that are irrelevant.

rav
Explorer
Explorer

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
I hope someone PM'd you with an offer for a number. I Don't understand the reluctance of people when its just a number and does not violate program rules. I have access to GM discount and am allowed 5 numbers per year I believe.....I do not use it often to remember for certain. Can you get as good or better deal without a number? Maybe. Good luck with your purchase.

nirion
Explorer
Explorer
davidbt wrote:
There's also a guy on the Cummins forum who goes by Indytruckchampion, Most of the people who bought from him sound very please.

His name is Ken and he is at Bob Schwartz, which is in Indiana. I ordered mine from him last year and he was great to work with.

Good luck
2016 Ram 3500 SRW Big Horn CC LB 4x4, Cummins Turbo Diesel, Maximum Steel
2015 Sprinter 324FWBHS
2014 Ram 2500 Big Horn CC LB 4x4, Hemi 6.4, 4.10 - SOLD

tdsxt51
Explorer
Explorer
IDman wrote:
Check with your friends and family.

:B Some of you guys crack me up!
2014 RAM 2500 CTD 6.7 CCLB Auto
2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Pkg.

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
As others have said I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the deal some Ram dealers will provide. I had to get through 2 crappy dealers but when I found my truck at the dealer I bought it from they gave me a great deal and actually gave me a much better allowance for my Ford 6.0L than other dealers did (most others refused to consider to take it on trade). I also negotiated a sliding fifth wheel hitch with picture frame adapter, running boards, all weather floor mats, and spray in bed liner into the deal. I was very happy with the deal at the end.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

huntram
Explorer
Explorer
When I bought my 2014 Ram 3500 Dually in July 2014 it didn't take much to get it for $1000 under invoice plus rebates. Didn't have to even sit in the dreaded cubicle to do the deal. Got mine that listed for $67,500 for $52,500. They didn't even have what I wanted in stock and had to do a dealer trade to get it for me.
Just remember YOU are the customer! YOU make the decision!
Our traveling blog:Brian and Patty's Awesome Adventure
2014 Ram 3500, Western Brown, Laramie, CrewCab Dually, Aisin Trans, CTD, 2011 Carriage Cameo 32FWS 5th wheel.

davidbt
Explorer
Explorer
There's also a guy on the Cummins forum who goes by Indytruckchampion, Most of the people who bought from him sound very please.

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
nevadanick wrote:
Find the truck you want at Dennis Dillon online and take that to your local dlr and ask them to keep you from going to Idaho. The prices are very fair.

X2 - And use the "sale price" not the "as low as" price. The "as low as" price requires you be a member of a bunch of obscure organizations that I'm sure you are not part of.

Their prices are great ammo to use for negotiating or just fly there and drive it home.

Costco is also okay - I bought a truck that way once and it was super easy. You'll hear people say they sat in a cubicle arguing for 27 ours and got a better deal which may be true. At least you know you are doing pretty well with Costco.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
i have been working the dealers today- so far so good as we are getting close to the final numbers. will let you know what happens
thanks for all the great tips

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
Find the truck you want at Dennis Dillon online and take that to your local dlr and ask them to keep you from going to Idaho. The prices are very fair.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
thanks me too. most of the dealers I am working with have been emailing me the prices, which is good since there are several in the area. I will do like stated above. we are in Lafayette, LA right now