cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

almost ready but.....

taddyport
Explorer
Explorer
Well after a lot of research on different models and looking at quite a few in person I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger but I really need your assistance and opinions. In the process of looking my head is swimming with numbers so I want your opinions to help with the clutter.

TV GVW = 7300
TV GVWR = 10600
TV GCWR = 23000
TV RGAWR =6993
TV max towing = 16400
TV load range "E" tires rated at 3445 lbs

FW GVW = 14500
FW pin weight from manufacturer = 2305 - I realize that isn't the true weight after it's loaded and up to the 14500.

I have been able to take my truck to a local scale to get the GVW but they don't have the capacity to separate the front from the rear so I don't know those exactly.

So, thoughts in general on this but also looking for what you believe to be the most limiting factor in this equation.

Thanks for your wisdom

God Bless

Jon
God Bless Your Travels
Jon and Zaria; Zaria = springer spaniel
2010 Ford F350, Triton V10 with 4.3 axle
2011 Jayco 256 RKS
Equil izer hitch
3 REPLIES 3

taddyport
Explorer
Explorer
jmtandem wrote:
FW pin weight from manufacturer = 2305 - I realize that isn't the true weight after it's loaded and up to the 14500.

If I follow your math you have about 3300 pounds of available payload in your tow vehicle (10,600-7300). The pin weight for 14,500 pounds of fifth will be at least 2800 pounds plus the hitch that can be another 175 pounds. You likely will be at your vehicles gvwr, perhaps slightly over, after you include people, tools, dogs, and everything else you will also be carrying in the tow vehicle.

The 7300 included myself, the dog, full tank of gas and the slider hitch and some tools so it looks/ appears that I should be good.
Thanks
God Bless Your Travels
Jon and Zaria; Zaria = springer spaniel
2010 Ford F350, Triton V10 with 4.3 axle
2011 Jayco 256 RKS
Equil izer hitch

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
It looks like you've done your homework. I don't see any issue with that combination.

Jerry

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II

If I follow your math you have about 3300 pounds of available payload in your tow vehicle (10,600-7300). The pin weight for 14,500 pounds of fifth will be at least 2800 pounds plus the hitch that can be another 175 pounds. You likely will be at your vehicles gvwr, perhaps slightly over, after you include people, tools, dogs, and everything else you will also be carrying in the tow vehicle.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.