cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2005 Winnebago Journey flooring

thegriffins
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2005 Winnebago Journey. Has anyone who owns a Journey replaced the carpet with vinyl strips? We are worried about the slide outs.

We read that there were two kinds of slide outs - friction and rollers. The friction slide outs grip the carpet and would not be a good idea. So I searched for an answer and came up with this information - Slide out link

It doesn't tell me if we have friction or roller but I do know that we have both of the slide outs described in the article. It doesn't tell me if we have friction or roller but I do know that we have both of the slide outs described in the article.
Live each day as though it were your last!
7 REPLIES 7

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
That slide-out link is great info, thanks! I have two of the slides in the document. I want to replace the carpet in my MH with hard flooring, but I'm not sure how to change out the glide strips. According to the slide-out doc, they are different depending on the type of flooring, and therefore would need to be changed if the flooring is changed. How in the heck can one access those strips to change them out?
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
Our Sightseer had the "shoes". They were wood 1X4s about two feet long with a beveled edge and were covered with the same material used to line the basement storage compartments.This may be of interest if you also have the shoes.
I installed a laminate flooring - not vinyl like Alure but should pose similar problems with slide usage.
I left the carpet under the slides with just enough sticking out so I could securely staple it to the floor. I attached door sweep strips to the edge of the slides to prevent debris from getting on the carpet as the slide was retracted and then attached baseboard strips to the slide edge. That hid the carpet.
Before we retracted the slides we vacuumed and did a quick wet mop in front of the slides. Worked well for us for 8 full timing years.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
that works

their "flat floor" mechanism sounds exactly like the old Newmar one that folks here told me wasn't a problem. ๐Ÿ™‚
bumpy

thegriffins
Explorer
Explorer
In my first post click on "Slide out link". It works when I click on it. Let me know if it does on your end. Thanks for helping.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
still doesn't work
bumpy

thegriffins
Explorer
Explorer
I think I fixed it. Thank you for letting me know!

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
thegriffins wrote:
We have a 2005 Winnebago Journey. Has anyone who owns a Journey replaced the carpet with vinyl strips? We are worried about the slide outs.

We read that there were two kinds of slide outs - friction and rollers. The friction slide outs grip the carpet and would not be a good idea. So I searched for an answer and came up with this information - https://winnebagoind.com/resources/service/pdfs/2001-09%20Slide-out%20Rooms.pdf

It doesn't tell me if we have friction or roller but I do know that we have both of the slide outs described in the article. It doesn't tell me if we have friction or roller but I do know that we have both of the slide outs described in the article.

link doesn't work
bumpy