cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Too cold????

freewayrandy
Explorer
Explorer
So today I got out to my Fuzion to put the slides out, company coming and they are staying in there, and NOTHING! Hit the switch in and out and not even a click. Breakers and fuses all good, battery is up. Tried everything else, landing gear, lights all work. Did notice awning won't go out. It got to 24 degrees last night, could that have anything to do with it? Never had this prob before.:?
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison, 2024 Cougar 27SGS
30 REPLIES 30

freewayrandy
Explorer
Explorer
Got the new motor and relay in the other day. Thanks for the extended warranty, my cost was $175 ($100 deductable, $75 first service call) total was $1450. Motor alone was $750!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing the answer. Hope you get it fixed quickly now.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
You put me on the floor laughing with the "tango uniform"!!!:B
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks for letting us know. Sorry it was such a major problem.

freewayrandy
Explorer
Explorer
Update... Repair guy showed up, after much testing, determined the slide motor relay went tango uniform and that smoked the motor. Possibly 600 bucks for new motor/relay. UGH! As for the awning, found blown fuse, guess where? While checking wiring, he had the entire breaker/fuse box pulled out, found a fuse up inside the wall! Great place for a fuse! Now the wait for the new motor.

caberto
Explorer
Explorer
We had that issue with our unit a couple of years ago... turned out to be rats had chewed through some of the wiring... hopefully it's not that for you... was not pleasant. We got it fixed at a local RV shop and insurance covered it save for the deductible.
2010 Keystone Cougar 324RLB
2005 GMC 2500HD Duramax/Allison 4x4 Crew Cab S/B
www.imagesbyberto.com

freewayrandy
Explorer
Explorer
padredw wrote:
Well, don't forget to let us know the outcome of that service call. That way we can all learn.

Will do padre!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:
Grunt4Life wrote:
2017 Montana. The electric bed slid will function but the two main slides will not. We were informed this would be the case as part of our inspection. I tested them a couple of weeks ago and they didn't work. we have a 50amp to 15amp plug adapter. Plugged into house 15amp outlet and they worked.

Something is not right there ??? What if you were traveling up the highway and needed a nap?? Or wanted to boondock ??

I am calling BS on that explanation, and urging you to get another opinion... Perhaps calling Keystone direct... i have been camping for close to 30 years and had one of the early generation slide-outs on my 1998 Prowler, even that worked off the battery...

X100

Something is NOT right with that set up.

Definitely contact MFG. and find out WHY your slides don't work correctly IE: battery power
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Here is my situation. Battery absolutely required for slide out operation. If battery is even slightly low it affects the operation--maybe slow or stop. It DOES help to be plugged in to AC power through the converter. I always plug in before operating the slide or the landing gear IF such power is available.

Grunt4Life wrote:
2017 Montana. The electric bed slid will function but the two main slides will not. We were informed this would be the case as part of our inspection. I tested them a couple of weeks ago and they didn't work. we have a 50amp to 15amp plug adapter. Plugged into house 15amp outlet and they worked.

Something is not right there ??? What if you were traveling up the highway and needed a nap?? Or wanted to boondock ??

I am calling BS on that explanation, and urging you to get another opinion... Perhaps calling Keystone direct... i have been camping for close to 30 years and had one of the early generation slide-outs on my 1998 Prowler, even that worked off the battery...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grunt4Life wrote:

Don't understand that at all, our rig both slides are run off hydraulics and will run off the battery alone. I think requiring 120 volt for running a slide would be a deal killer.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
allen8106 wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
Do you have a "kill switch" for your battery? If so, it might be flipped off, preventing anything on battery from functioning? If you are plugged into shore power, lights may work your converter, but if the kill switch is on, the converter might not have enough 'umph' to move the slides without the battery's assistance.

If there is a kill switch for the battery then the lights wouldn't work.

You miss-read. If the camper is plugged into shore power, house lights will still work because they will run off the converter, not the battery. Unplug from shore power and and everything then goes dead.

If plugged into shore power only, with no battery, the converter alone may not have enough "umph" to move the slides. Flipping the kill switch or disconnecting the battery completely will create the same results. If the battery is disconnected, the camper will continue to function off the converter (IF PLUGGED INTO SHORE POWER). But because of the power draw the slides require, the converter alone does not supply enough "umph".

This is how my Outback works. And my previous camper, although it did not have a battery kill switch, if the battery was disconnected but plugged into shore power, everything continued to work off the converter. (it had no slides).

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Grunt4Life wrote:
The slides on ours won't work off the battery... Requires an electric connection via shore power or gen.

What RV d you have????

What happens IF no shore or gen?

Never seen/heard of an RV that slides did NOT work from battery as RVs are 'self contained' and are suppose to function W/O shore/gen power.

:H

X2.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Grunt4Life
Explorer
Explorer