cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Tires

Limit4
Explorer
Explorer
I think I am going to bite the bullet and by new Maxxis M8oo8 225 75R class E tires for my cougar. Before I do has anyone bought the Summit or master tread tires. Much less expensive and in stock at my two local dealers. Thanks a lot.
6 REPLIES 6

Limit4
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I do, We are going with the Maxxis.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Limit4 wrote:
I think I am going to bite the bullet and by new Maxxis M8oo8 225 75R class E tires for my cougar. Before I do has anyone bought the Summit or master tread tires. Much less expensive and in stock at my two local dealers. Thanks a lot.

:h
Much less expensive, do you not wonder why????
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just my opinion 'cause I don't know anything about the other brands you mentioned, but I'd stay with the Maxxis tires because they have been very good tires for me.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I went with (new) Carlisles last year and have put a "few" thousand miles on them now. So far, so good.

Limit4
Explorer
Explorer
We had a really bad experiance with Carlisle about 10 years ago but understand they have improved.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
No info on the brands you mentioned, but another ST tire that is getting some good feed back are the newer designed Carlisle RH and HD tires. We have purchased a couple of them in instead of going with Maxxis again and they are holding up well. We have had several sets of Maxxis tires in the past and they are good tires no doubt when it comes to being an ST tire, but they do suffer from the same issues that ST tires deal with when overloaded and under-inflated. We put a lot of miles on them yearly and they are good for about 4 years before they start to show signs of wear and some cracking on sidewalls. Saved some money off the Maxxis price and thus far doing their job well.