cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

air line

David0725
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi my brother has a 2002 southwind it had a air connector at the very back of the rv. but he dont have any air bags can someone tell me what it is for?
1994 Holiday Rambler Imperial DP
1999 Honda Accord V6 Toad
11 REPLIES 11

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
gfs1943 wrote:
Southwind is not a DP, so it's probably not for toad braking. My guess is it's a fill port for air bag helpers for the rear springs.
I guess the real answer is based on whether it is an air "coupler" or just a "schrader valve"
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

gfs1943
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Southwind certain did make a DP. I drove one in the late '90's so did they discontinue building these?

My apologies; I had never seen a diesel-powered Southwind. But you are correct; I've seen one now!
gfs1943
USAF, Retired (1962 - 1983)
2006 Monaco Diplomat 40PRQ
2006 Honda CR-V

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Southwind certain did make a DP. I drove one in the late '90's so did they discontinue building these?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

gfs1943
Explorer
Explorer
Southwind is not a DP, so it's probably not for toad braking. My guess is it's a fill port for air bag helpers for the rear springs.
gfs1943
USAF, Retired (1962 - 1983)
2006 Monaco Diplomat 40PRQ
2006 Honda CR-V

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
old as it is, my 2000 chevy Venture mini-van came equipped with air lifts and a built-in compressor. As it is a 7-passenger model, the idea is to compensate for the weight of passengers when loaded. It has been a great feature, and has a panel with an air connector, and on-off switch in the back. It came with a hose long enough to reach the front tires, and several nozzles, including a needle for footballs and basketballs.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Look in some compartment for a air compressor which would be used for a breaking system. One is a M&G system.

Probably the best thing to do is trace the air line and see where it goes.

Maybe he has air bags as helper springs for the rear of the coach

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
some of the towed vehicle aftermarket braking systems use air from the motorhome to activate. Typically there is an air connector at the rear of the motorhome that supplies air to a piston in the towed vehicle that applies the brakes to the towed vehicle in harmony with the motorhome.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
To refill the footballs.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

MrWizard
Or air brake release for being towed, is it a diesel RV with air brakes?
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Air brake system for the toad.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...