Did you mean: 

Jayco SLX 264BHW 1/2 ton tow vehicle

Puckfan99
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco SLX 264BHW 1/2 ton tow vehicle
« on: February 24, 2017, 09:33:09 PM »
QuoteModify
Hi! New here and looking for a little help/assurance...
I have a new travel trailer. 4600 dry, 6500 gvw.
My tow vehicle is a 2007 F150 Supercab , 145" wheelbase, 5.4L, 3.73 axle, Equalizer wdh/sway bars system, electronic brake controller. Truck rated for maximum 9300 lbs trailer.
Should I be okay with that? I know there are a lot of similarities in questions, so my apologies. Thank you so much!

Darin
Minnesota, USA
7 REPLIES 7

Puckfan99
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, guys! Very excited for our jump from the popup!

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Well it sounds like you will be in for a good towing experience. If you get into strong wind, just slow down a little, 5-10 mph makes a big difference when towing. If you get into the mountains, use lower gears, and let it rev. Also use lower gears going down, so you don't overheat your brakes.

Happy camping/travels,
Jerry

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
I'm often accused of being "weight police," which I consider a compliment.
You are good. Get on down the road and enjoy yourself.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Puckfan99
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the replies, guys!

Puckfan99
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the time it would be just me and my wife and we generally pack pretty darn light. I do have the tranny cooler and HD radiator as well. I am having the WDH set up by a professional.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
I hope you have the HD trailer tow package ! It adds a HD radiator and an extra transmission cooler.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Welcome to the forum! I think you realize you are reaching the limits of the truck, and reason why you are asking. I think this combination will work for you, if you don't overload the truck, with people, gear, firewood, etc.

It is important to get your WDH set up properly, for the best towing experience. You may be a little under powered, if towing in mountainous areas, but should be fine in Minnesota.

Enjoy your new trailer!

Jerry