Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Red Top Mountain SP

spro2395
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
We are thinking about a trip the red top mountain for spring break. Does anyone know what the elevation of the campground is ? Just curious.
Thanks.
01 Dodge QC 1500 Shasta 256
12 REPLIES 12

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah at that elevation, not much of a mountain...lol

My little town 35 miles outside of charlotte is at 937'....
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Sites right inside the campground gate are pull through and near the dump station. They used to have a seafood buffet at the lodge Fri-Sat evenings.

spro2395
Explorer
Explorer
OK thanks for all the info. We made reservations in a couple of weeks! We got a site in the pull through section.
Joe

love2rvcamp
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, I must be so close that I just don't see the mountain. I know its called Red Top Mountain but I would not consider it to be in the mountains.

Its more up towards Lake Allatoona and not far from the hustle and bustle of Atlanta. If you are wanting mountains in Georgia head for Hiawassee or Helen area. Lots of campgrounds around there that are in the mountains.

Red Top is not a bad campground but wanted to set expectations of the "mountains".
Mike and Michelle and 2 kids
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS
Equalizer hitch with Envoy brake controller

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
spro2395 wrote:
How are the entrance road's leading to the park?

Not bad. Red Top Mountain
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

spro2395
Explorer
Explorer
How are the entrance road's leading to the park?

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's a nice SP campground. It sees a lot of use by Atlanta residents. Here's the GA ST Park page for Red Top with current info on closures, etc.
Red Top Mountain State Park
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
GOOGLE says Elevation at the Red Top Mountain SP in Georgia is in range between 1080 and 1100 feet.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Highest point east of the Mississippi is only 6600 feet.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

spro2395
Explorer
Explorer
Oh yes I should have said Georgia. They have pull through sites there and with the mountain name I wondered how high the campground was.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
last time we were there, the campsite was about 6' above the waterline... Actually, here is a link to a site that reports the peak at about 1100 feet. No nosebleed or thin air problems..
here is the link: Red top Mountain
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you mean Georgia??.
About 900 ft. Depending on what part of the park you are in.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow