Explorer
What hobbies do you have while RVing ?
the silverback
2015 crossroads Rushmore 5th wheel
63 REPLIES 63

Got_Dirt_
Explorer
Explorer
I'm an amateur gold prospector, rockhound, lapidarist. Enjoy trail riding/exploring on my Yamaha Rhino. Abandoned mines, hiking, brewing beer,cooking, astronomy, Sitting by the campfire sippin' adult beverages, singing karaoke. Long walks on the beach - hey! Sounds like a **** dating site!

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
Golf, flying my RC airplanes, site seeing, visiting my 12 Grandchildren and 3 Great Grandchildren.
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD

vjstangelo
Explorer
Explorer
I am surprised no one mentioned astronomy yet. I always travel with some optical aid, favorite of choice is my Celestron Nexstar 5, fits nicely on one of the bunks.

I recall once late in the evening in Yellowstone at Fishing Bridge in the quiet stillness outside the then TT get scared silly when I heard a noice nearby, remembering this was grizzly country, bolted into the TT and left the telescope out all night till morning.

Seriously, the darkest skies are at the campgrounds and I love a night of observing when possible, along with many of the of the activities mentioned by others previously.
2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
2011 Honda CRV Toad

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
I spend all my disposable income on airplanes, the rest I waste on food, utilities, housing and other junk ike that.....

Oh, and some on a pair of motorhomes to get back & forth between airports, air shows & fly-ins.

beearcher
Explorer
Explorer
Beekeeping and Archery......

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Neat hobby Jagtech!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Jagtech
Explorer
Explorer
I enjoy restoring antique radios and TVs, so when out with the RV I often search antique shops and "junk shops" for suitable candidates. I just finished a Philco Predticta TV, looks fine and works beautifully.

1998 Triple E F53
1995 Jeep Wrangler toad

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
the silverback wrote:
What hobbies do you have while RVing ?

in no particular order I enjoy....

catching up on my reading; aviation (when local airports have planes to rent); ham radio; walking; photography;

What does it take to rent a plane when you're on the road? I know most places (or every place) will want to check you out first, so do they just take you up once around the pattern or are most of the check flights longer?

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
Fly fish, tie flies, drink IPA's, beer tours, mineral shows, ham radio, mtn bike ride, make new friends around campfires, tell stories, hear even BETTER stories, see natural wonders of nature in all forms, make campfires, and smell like campfires, BBQ good meat, monitor my solar panels and SOC on the AGM battery, help fellow campers, and drive to and from new sights to see, trailer in tow, while travelling slowly. Sometimes dump, add water and propane.

Compared to a 2 person tent, I don't care if others call it "Glamping". I like a warm comfortable bed, OTA TV weather reports from the Batwing, a hot shower in the morning, and a cold beer in the evening.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Kittykath wrote:
Trail riding in the UTV, flying drones, visiting local breweries, gourmet cooking, sleeping in!

X2 on the breweries. Love going to them. I'm not much of a wine drinker
but like to go to wineries also and do the tasting thing. Just went to a winery in Vt. last week.
Ended up bringing a case home and wife signed up for their wine club that nets you three bottles every three months.
For me I took home $300.00 of my favorite beers. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Kittykath
Explorer
Explorer
Trail riding in the UTV, flying drones, visiting local breweries, gourmet cooking, sleeping in!

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Yes Newport
2015 Wrangler JKU

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
mike brez wrote:
Love going to the mansions in Rhode Island.
Are you talking about the ones in Newport RI? If so your right they are interesting, went there last year and camped along the beach in Oct. Nice time of the year no crowds. Caught some blues and lost a 40 lb stripper along the beach.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Love going to the mansions in Rhode Island.
2015 Wrangler JKU