cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Potty/Shower lid - holding it up?

cbird02
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 Starcraft 2406. It has the Potty/Shower combo. The hinged wood cover that goes over it has no way to hold it up. You have to hold with your hand. How are these typically secured? I need to rig something but it is all vinyl behind it. Nowhere to fasten something to.
5 REPLIES 5

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would rig up a strap, either snaps at one end or Velcro.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

cbird02
Explorer
Explorer
Mike Up wrote:
It uses a strap, one end snaps on the bathroom cover, other end snaps on the roof.

BTW, if you ever go north, don't allow snow to ever get on the bunkends. The Aqualond doesn't stretch and go back to it original shape like other synthetic tarps. Therefore, the needle holes stretch open, and never go back, and even seam sealer can't keep water from coming in.

We had water pouring in through the roll seams on the bunkend, in the corners on BOTH bunkend. First was replaced without problem, second bunkend started leaking a year later when Starcraft was shutting down their plant during the bad economy. They had no crew or patterns and made a half ass bunkend that didn't match or fit correctly. We traded it then to the new Jay Flight 19BH.

Loved the camper itself, hated the Aqualon.

Thanks for the reply and especially the tip! Not sure we will camp in snow, but you never know. I ended up installing a gas strut so the kids could lift it up by themselves.

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
cbird02 wrote:
I have a 2007 Starcraft 2406. It has the Potty/Shower combo. The hinged wood cover that goes over it has no way to hold it up. You have to hold with your hand. How are these typically secured? I need to rig something but it is all vinyl behind it. Nowhere to fasten something to.

It uses a strap, one end snaps on the bathroom cover, other end snaps on the roof.

See here:

My previous 2007 2406

BTW, if you ever go north, don't allow snow to ever get on the bunkends. The Aqualond doesn't stretch and go back to it original shape like other synthetic tarps. Therefore, the needle holes stretch open, and never go back, and even seam sealer can't keep water from coming in.

We had water pouring in through the roll seams on the bunkend, in the corners on BOTH bunkend. First was replaced without problem, second bunkend started leaking a year later when Starcraft was shutting down their plant during the bad economy. They had no crew or patterns and made a half ass bunkend that didn't match or fit correctly. We traded it then to the new Jay Flight 19BH.

Loved the camper itself, hated the Aqualon.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

AJBert
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the wood cover is what covers the shower/potty, not the potty itself.

Pretty sure there was originally some kind of strap or latch the held the cover up when new. Hopefully someone one here has something similar and will chime with more info.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
glue magnets or buy the roll magnets with stickum on the back.
they put a wood toilet lid in a wet bath???
bumpy