cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Hybrid to TT

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
I'm trying to think of anything I might need for my new TT, that I didn't have for my Hybrid.
I did order XL wheel chocks since the axles are farther apart.

The new TT has a 60 gallon gray tank, so I may not need the blue tote tank that i needed for my hybrid's 25 gallon gray tank.
Nor will I need the PUGs, which will going to whoever buys the hybrid.

Can anyone think of anything else I might need?
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes
13 REPLIES 13

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
drenjoey wrote:
RedRocket204 wrote:
bikendan wrote:

Money for lots of cool mods

A JOB to pay for the house the trip to Europe and the TT :B

I'm retired! I'm not going to get a job.

Don't worry, we've been scrimping and saving for years, for this.
Plus I'm hoping that selling the Roo will pay for 40 percent of the new TT.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

drenjoey
Explorer
Explorer
RedRocket204 wrote:
bikendan wrote:

A JOB to pay for the house the trip to Europe and the TT :B

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:

I love me some land yachting

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
aftermath wrote:
Bikendan, we went through this a few years back. Our Starcraft 21SSO was a great trailer but as retirement loomed we knew that we would be doing some long trips. While I loved my pop up and the hybrid, camping in the cold was not much fun nor was tearing down and setting up every day on the road.

We left the hoses with the hybrid. I did notice a need for a second set of lynx levelers and an extension for the sewer hose. Bedding is also something that we had to add. We used our sleeping bags before but now have a nice queen bed just like home. Other than that, you will know what you need soon enough. This isn't your first rodeo. Have fun on the road. I highly recommend retirement.

Thanks aftermath.
We retired in 2014 but did some big trips in 2015, including a 6 week Europe trip and then had our new house built in 2016.
So this is our first year of just taking off for awhile, to get out of the winter blues.

Our new TT has some big upgrades, compared to the Roo. We'll be leaving next Saturday for at least a month.

The DW likes linens instead of sleeping bags so we used queen bed linens in our Roo.

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bikendan, we went through this a few years back. Our Starcraft 21SSO was a great trailer but as retirement loomed we knew that we would be doing some long trips. While I loved my pop up and the hybrid, camping in the cold was not much fun nor was tearing down and setting up every day on the road.

We left the hoses with the hybrid. I did notice a need for a second set of lynx levelers and an extension for the sewer hose. Bedding is also something that we had to add. We used our sleeping bags before but now have a nice queen bed just like home. Other than that, you will know what you need soon enough. This isn't your first rodeo. Have fun on the road. I highly recommend retirement.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
The only thing that we added after moving to a TT was four more 4X4 blocks for the stabilizer jacks since the TT sat a little higher, also a large outdoor rug since our new awning was larger, and a longer sewer hose due to the connection location.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
I suggest you hang onto that Blue Tote and if you have space to carry it with you. Your black tank may only be 30 gallon or less, and chances are, your grey water is really 2 - 30 gallon tanks also, one for the shower and one for the kitchen sink, and they are not hooked up together. I don't know what your configuration really is but, until you've taken the new camper out a few times, I suggest keeping everything from the old camper for a while longer, because once it's gone, its gone forever!

No I'm going to hold onto it for at least this season and see how it goes.
Our new TT has a single 60 gallon gray tank.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
drenjoey wrote:
You might need a new choice of words when you talk about TT....LOL !!!:):B
Other than that.....you're good to go !

You had to know that when I retired, the Roo would be expendable. It's given us over 10 years of great service.

Heck, I was pushing for a 5th wheel, so the TT is a compromise.

The DW isn't as excited as I am, regarding long cross country trips.
Especially since we just moved into our new dream house that she designed.

We got the new TT for 40 percent off of MSRP, which is virtually unheard of out West, for a new RV. I based that on what our State Farm agent said what their system showed it was.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I suggest you hang onto that Blue Tote and if you have space to carry it with you. Your black tank may only be 30 gallon or less, and chances are, your grey water is really 2 - 30 gallon tanks also, one for the shower and one for the kitchen sink, and they are not hooked up together. I don't know what your configuration really is but, until you've taken the new camper out a few times, I suggest keeping everything from the old camper for a while longer, because once it's gone, its gone forever!

Unbelievable, we still have or original outside carpet scrap we used for an outside rug when we tent camped more than 20 years ago. I started to throw it out many, many times, but kept keeping it, and I kept finding new uses for it. It is now currently in my Outback. I'm using it on the floor of my pass through to keep things from scaring up or tearing up the vinyl floor. It fit perfect!

So, you just never know. Before tossing anything out, getting rid of it, or selling it, give yourself a few trips with the new camper. You just never know!

drenjoey
Explorer
Explorer
You might need a new choice of words when you talk about TT....LOL !!!:):B
Other than that.....you're good to go !

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Merrykalia wrote:
When we purchased our hybrid, we emptied our popup and only put what we wanted/needed into the hybrid. We did the same when we upgraded to a 35' bunkhouse TT and then again when we went with a fifth wheel. We now have a 20 X 10 foot storage building full of camping equipment that we no longer need/want. I guess it's time for a big ole yard sale.

I think you need less stuff because more of the things are built in.

yea, hybrids are still essentially TTs, with tent ends. so i shouldn't have to need anything more.

other than the xl tandem wheel chocks, i see me getting rid of some stuff.
PUGs, clips, Reflectix, tote tank, dual flush attachment(since it has a built-in black tank flusher).

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
When we purchased our hybrid, we emptied our popup and only put what we wanted/needed into the hybrid. We did the same when we upgraded to a 35' bunkhouse TT and then again when we went with a fifth wheel. We now have a 20 X 10 foot storage building full of camping equipment that we no longer need/want. I guess it's time for a big ole yard sale.

I think you need less stuff because more of the things are built in.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
I did the same move a few years ago. The only thing I really had to get was new sheets for the bed. Oh, I also needed a new truck. :B
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide