Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LED Upgrade - Kitchen - Stove - Counter

Minermark
Explorer
Explorer
Ebay is a great source for DIY LED(s).
This whole group of 10 LEDs + Dimmer was less than $20Bucks.
Took photos, before/after, let's see if i can post them.

Nope!
No photo(s).
Worked in the photo test thread, but NOT here.
Pretty much a non-user-friendly-Forum.
Funny i post Pics in three other Forums, NO Problem.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/115497253@N02/0X91g9
30 REPLIES 30

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
Minermark wrote:
For interested parties, you can see my photos on Flickr.com
Flickr is free, looking is free.

Or Look up Flickr Acct Name: minermark1

The only LED photo I saw on your Flickr page was this one, which I uploaded with the wonderful RV.net forum photo utility. I use it in quite a few forums because it is by far the most convenient way to post photos. Many thanks to the member who wrote that code.

Flickr very likely has a choice to copy an IMG link to your photo that you could paste in your post here. I used to use Photobucket and it has the IMG link feature.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Duane4238 wrote:
Almot,
I had replaced my 12v incandescents with LED bulbs I'd picked up on ebay, too. Only problem was mine don't throw enough light. My TT is parked 70 miles away at my deer camp and sits in about 3 feet of snow right now. I don't know the led numbers offhand, and won't know until the snow melts. I don't know what led boards are or what a cob is,

Boards are just that - boards. Check the Ebay link posted by Westend. Boards are directional. When mounted on the ceiling in existing dome light fixtures, they fire downwards at a wide angle. How this can leave trailer not illuminated enough, puzzles me. I can't read minds. When something puzzles me, I ask questions. This forum is for sharing information, not for being nice.

If LED boards leave your trailer in dark, then you have not enough light fixtures, or they are not installed where they should be. Or you've got duped and your LEDs don't emit the stated light output - you would've known if measured the current.
Most Ebay items are junk or hit and miss at best. I bought my LEDs on Ebay, but only after it was confirmed that the source was reliable, ordered only 2 boards first, tested, and only then ordered the required amount.

Cobs are not directional (see pic below), though so far nobody had problem with LED boards on the ceiling to the point that it needed to be replaced with cobs.

Bruce_Brown
BarneyS wrote:
Bruce,
The percent symbol problem has been known to exist on the RV.net portal for quite some time. It doesn't seem to be a problem on the other portals to the forums just the RV.net portal. I have no idea why they have not fixed it. :R
Barney

What other portals are left? I used Woodalls because it worked better, now it seems they've killed that one off.

I looked for others, they all go back to GoodSam/RV.net.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bruce,
The percent symbol problem has been known to exist on the RV.net portal for quite some time. It doesn't seem to be a problem on the other portals to the forums just the RV.net portal. I have no idea why they have not fixed it. :R
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Bruce_Brown
SoundGuy wrote:
Minermark wrote:
Took photos, before/after, let's see if i can post them.

Nope!
No photo(s).
Worked in the photo test thread, but NOT here.
Pretty much a non-user-friendly-Forum.
Funny i post Pics in three other Forums, NO Problem.

Yeah, that makes sense - blame the forum software when it's you who doesn't understand the correct process. :S

Go here, upload a pic from your computer, copy the url, and paste it into your post - dead simple. ๐Ÿ™‚ It would be helpful if you would limit your pic to a reasonable size by inserting "width=450" or some similar value after .jpg Use the preview function so you can see what your pic will look like relative to the text before you post.

You're welcome. :W

Actually there is a glitch/problem with the current forum. If anything you try to post has the percentage symbol in it, it won't post. I have been posting pictures here for years, recently I had trouble replying to a post AND posting pictures.

In the post, I was saying 10 percent, however I was using the symbol - it wouldn't post.

Just tonight I tried to post a picture - it wouldn't post. When I checked the URL sure enough, it had the percent symbol in the address.

It has never been a problem before, for some reason it is now.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Duane4238
Explorer
Explorer
Almot,
What was puzzling about my post? I was referring to Minermark's original post on page one, at the top. He started this topic. He'd said that he installed LED's and a dimmer switch. I saw his photo and said I liked them. Then said that I had replaced my 12v incandescents with LED bulbs I'd picked up on ebay, too. Only problem was mine don't throw enough light. My TT is parked 70 miles away at my deer camp and sits in about 3 feet of snow right now. I don't know the led numbers offhand, and won't know until the snow melts. I don't know what led boards are or what a cob is, either. Sorry my post disappointed you. I was always taught thst if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. Have a nice day.
Duane
P.S. I belong to quite a few other forums and the rules on all of them are personal attacks on members are forbidden. Yours sure fit the bill.

Minermark
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
48 SMD 5050 white

Westend thank you for managing to post that link.
There are many deals on the Bay, i buy everything that hit's the market, and have done so for years.
Always looking for the right (White) light at low amperage and heat.
These are THE best to date, buy a couple, and a Dimmer, dimmer the wife will like.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
48 SMD 5050 white
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Minermark
Explorer
Explorer
Almot wrote:
Duane4238 wrote:
To the original topic, I like your led's. I bought led bulbs that replace the incandescent bulbs in my Springdale and I'm not pleased at all. They throw off some light, but it is kind of directional and does not necessarily light up the whole inside of the trailer. Even with all the lights on, the interior is rather dim. When the weather breaks and the 24" of snow melts, I'm putting the original bulbs back in.
Duane

Puzzling.

What led's in the original topic? I didn't see any links posted by the author of the thread.
What led boards did you install - lumens, diode size/number?
LED boards are directional, cobs are not, but even the boards won't really keep much of the trailer in dark, if installed at the ceiling.

Go to my Flickr acct, look at the pics, links are supplied below pics.

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Duane4238 wrote:
To the original topic, I like your led's. I bought led bulbs that replace the incandescent bulbs in my Springdale and I'm not pleased at all. They throw off some light, but it is kind of directional and does not necessarily light up the whole inside of the trailer. Even with all the lights on, the interior is rather dim. When the weather breaks and the 24" of snow melts, I'm putting the original bulbs back in.
Duane

Puzzling.

What led's in the original topic? I didn't see any links posted by the author of the thread.
What led boards did you install - lumens, diode size/number?
LED boards are directional, cobs are not, but even the boards won't really keep much of the trailer in dark, if installed at the ceiling.

Minermark
Explorer
Explorer
These lights are so bright i use a dimmer, keep that in mind when ordering/installing.

Duane4238
Explorer
Explorer
Duane

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Almot wrote:

Not "any" other forum allows to actually upload photos. All forums that I regularly post on, don't.

I have belonged to a few forums over the years that allowed the upload of photos directly from a PC.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

dewey02
Explorer
Explorer
When it comes to Mods (and UFO's :)), if there is not a picture, then it didn't happen! I'm just joking, of course. But a photo explains and demonstrates a mod in a way that just text never can.

The photo-posting software that is linked to under "Forum help and support" is drag and drop. It just doesn't get any easier than that unless you have a photo posting app right on the thread itself. I post to some other forums and use the drag and drop linked here on this forum to get the URL to post on other forums.