cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Winnebago Aspect

Komfort_23TS
Explorer
Explorer
I am getting ready to purchase a new Winabago 27 K Aspect. Wanted help on your ideas on the product. Is it a good vehicle? Any special problems? It is not n a ford truck, I think they are fine. Any suggestions you have are appreciated. Thanks in advance...
19 REPLIES 19

mountainsam
Explorer
Explorer
I do think I once read in a past thread that if the roof was meant to be walked on it would have a ladder. Don't know for sure.
2017 Thor Gemini 23TR w/ 3.2 Power Stroke turbo diesel
2014 Ram 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel Crew Cab, Long Bed 4X4 6 Speed Auto (sold)
2013 Rockwood Signature 8281 WS w/Sidewinder Pin (sold)
DW and Sofie our Black Lab /Boxer and Phoebe our Schnoodle

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
A fiberglass roof is the best available RV roofing material. Rubber roofs are inferior by comparison. So "rest easy" on that one.

Komfort_23TS
Explorer
Explorer
Are you flat toweling?

Komfort_23TS
Explorer
Explorer
I am assuming that the fiberglass roof is better than a robber roof. However fast do you travel? 55, 60. 65?

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
Well like I said mine is a 12 so dont know about any changes to the newer ones. but here it goes:

1. Fiberglass roof on mine guess same for newer.
2. Ride is subjective, we have those flex-frame seats up front, I would rather have had some adjustable seats instead. Elec adjustable is what I would have preferred. The ability to turn them around is not a big deal. Driver seat is a PIA to twist around, passenger seat is ok but the seat sits about 4 inches lower than the coach floor! So not much good IMO for anything. Ours we leave as is.
Mileage is typical for the class about 8 and if lucky sometimes 10 (nebraska with tail wind). I also installed a 5 Star tuner to make the engine more manageable and the trans to shift better. You will need to figure out if stock is to your taste. We run the air suspension at 55lbs or so. less the thing wallows, may install a better sway bar system but the air bags with more air helped a bunch. ours weighs in pretrip at almost 13000 but we dont carry much may 1/3 tank water full lpg, dump the waste tanks often. just me and wife and so not much stuff in vehicle. I did get one of the 100 psi hotdog airtanks for tires. rig also has aluminum alcoas and they are PIA to reach inner, so if you can get extended valve stems installed. I run the long extenders sold at camp world.

3. It should be rated for 5000lbs and yess you will know the towed is back there. Our hyundai is around 2800-3000, tows well but yes in hills you will feel it. In colorado around denver runs out of power so you are in right lane around 40mph. also will drop if you go up wolf creek to about 40-45 if lucky may go lower. actually wish it had the diesel engine in it.

if can be any other help just PM and we have at it.

Yes fiberglass is better. as to speed we stay at around 65, get same mileage even if going slower.

Komfort_23TS
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to pull a Buick at about 3800 lbs. do any of you have ideas on pull ability? Thanks again

Komfort_23TS
Explorer
Explorer
I drove a 27 the other day drove well! Any ideas on its ride. Mileage?

Komfort_23TS
Explorer
Explorer
How is the fiber glass on the 27 vs a rubber roof?

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 12 model, and the sewer hose issue is a good one. They provide space for a 10ftr but thats it. As to a ladder Mine has a full width trunk and no ladder is available so will have to use a portable. Storage space inside is OK for us, but outside is limited so have to really think on what you need to carry. No room for lawn chairs etc. Wife and I do not care for the round dinette setup, wish we had a regular one instead. May try to replace near future. The rear slide out bed does not have any under bed storage capability dont know about the one you are looking at. Overall its ok, oh yes no real insulation behind the fiberglass over cab section. Took the stereo out as it kept sliding around and saw that. Does make a difference in heat cold in the coach. Will need to figure something out on it also.

Also unless they changed, the air shock inflators are hard to get at and need to be adapted for access. Again ours is a '12 so there could have been changes. Hope they finally got around to adding power seats up front. Ours rotate for what that is worth (not much IMO) but are a PIA to setup. In reality much more impressed with the Jayco line but they too also had their issues with storage etc. Monaco were just flimsy all were class B+.

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a 2008 26A and love almost everything about it. The one thing I don't like is the lack of storage for the sewer hose. I think WBs intent was that it just rides in the wet bay but I was not comfortable having the stinky slinky stored next to my fresh water supply. Did they make accommodations for the sewer hose in the 27K? If so, I may consider one in the near future. I really like the layout.
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!

Solo
Explorer
Explorer
Komfort 23TS wrote:
Thank you all for the comments. One question I see some 27 s with no ladder on the back for the roof. It is not an option. Is one needed?

I really did not use the ladder much on our Aspect but, when I did need to go on the roof, I appreciated having something solid to grab onto as I stepped on and off. Is it needed, probably not. As mentioned already, there are many folding/portable ladders available that would work just fine if you want to go that direction.
Solo
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD, 450 HP ISL Cummins
2012 Jeep JKU with SMI DUO Braking System

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I don't trust RV ladders. I use a collapseable after market ladder and I don't want to make it easy for others to get to my solar panels and escape hatch.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Komfort_23TS
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the comments. One question I see some 27 s with no ladder on the back for the roof. It is not an option. Is one needed?

kyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
Our 08 Aspect has been great. I keep wanting to trade it in for something newer, but we can't find one we like as well as our unit.
Janet & Ralph
2008 Winnebago Aspect 26A
2008 Ford Escape Hybrid