cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

leveling jacks

mmbyers
Explorer
Explorer
I am having issues with our leveling system not working. From the trouble shooting we have done and emailing there tech side it has been determined my controller and keypad have failed. Of coarse you can only buy it from them what they are saying and we are trying not to spend $ 1000.00 on these 2 items just to sell it. This 2007 class A Windsport really hasn't given us any trouble but it is time for someone else to have the many blessings we have had with this motorhome. Looking for other ideas on parts or what to do?

Thank you
13 REPLIES 13

mmbyers
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone for the wisdom:W

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
There Name is Visone. Phone 606-843-9889

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look on line for the largest RV Salvage yard in East Kentucky.
They have over 700 RV's. Call them, bet they can help you.
They can ship in US.
I will try to look up their name on a past receipt

eadeal55
Explorer
Explorer
Agree...get a professional diagnosis, and go from there. I have Atwood Levelegs - electric jacks - and I finally have them back working after 2+ years.

I can say that I got proficient with the orange blocks in leveling my MH. Most important for DW was that I get the head of the bed level or at a slight up angle. All else being out of level we could live with.

I had one jack that busted the upper head and had to be remanufactured, and the control pad connection broke and I could not find the out-of-date part, except for a few RV salvage yards that wanted 3 prices for it.

I finally ran across a friend who had a Tiffin MH, and by gosh it had the exact same Atwood Levelegs control panel that I needed. He also needed one, and went to Tiffin, who had them in stock for $117. Good things come to those who wait...
Andy & Lee + Molly, the 4 lb Chihuahua
2020 Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW...towing a
2007 Chevy HHR LT2 w/2.4L EcoTec,
Blue Ox Aventa LX, Brake Buddy Classic
FMCA #F359977 - Colonial Virginians, Past President 2012-14, 2018

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are really unsure, I would get a mobile RV mechanic as posted above. They'll get you a lot better of an idea of what is going on. There are several things that can cause your problems. THEY say your controller AND keypad failed - if you doubt this get somebody to check it out.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
mmbyers wrote:
If anyone else has had issues like this and what was the repair?

I thought you and Equalizer determined the repair? Doug

mmbyers
Explorer
Explorer
If anyone else has had issues like this and what was the repair?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Buy the parts, install them and move on. What else did you have in mind? You could try e bay for the parts. Doug

mmbyers
Explorer
Explorer
No other ideas from anyone?

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would spend a $125 for an hour of time from a mobile RV mechanic before paying $1000 for the parts.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

mmbyers
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry about that I put in the wrong box.
The system is a Equalizer brand. I have tried the auto level 2 times and said will always to it manual from then on. System has been working great until now. No matter what button you push the jacks will always extend. I have a lot of hydraulic experience so moving and checking everything out was easy. Until the computer system came in to play.

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Who makes the levelers?
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
What brand??
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.