cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybrid like Folding Trailers still popular in Australia

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
I notice very little activity on this section, but new RV's and makers are still appearing here.
A Titan Blackhawk

9 REPLIES 9

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
rexlion wrote:
Interesting design. I wonder what they sell for? Not that I like the white interiors, though.

RobertRyan wrote:
Prices in Australia and the US are not really comparable.

No kidding. My BIL lives in NSW and recently bought a used Jayco popup similar to this Jayco Swan. I don't know exactly what he ended up paying for it but I got the impression it was in that 20K Aus$ price range, or about $15,000 US$ ... still a lot for a used ~ 10' popup. :E

Market is not as big as the US,so prices are naturally higher. On the other hand a lot more variety for the relatively small size of the market

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
rexlion wrote:
Interesting design. I wonder what they sell for? Not that I like the white interiors, though.

RobertRyan wrote:
Prices in Australia and the US are not really comparable.

No kidding. My BIL lives in NSW and recently bought a used Jayco popup similar to this Jayco Swan. I don't know exactly what he ended up paying for it but I got the impression it was in that 20K Aus$ price range, or about $15,000 US$ ... still a lot for a used ~ 10' popup. :E
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tvov wrote:
I would love to see those "pop top" trailers in person. Why not just go with a regular height TT? Is saving that 2 feet that big of a deal?

The style of having the sleeping pop out UNDER the end cap is great. Helps to protect the canvas from sun and rain.

It's hard to tell really, but they look a tad higher than standard to me. And besides towing ease and storage, I bet it cuts down on weight.

Downside is more moving parts to break. But they're not complicated parts

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
I would love to see those "pop top" trailers in person. Why not just go with a regular height TT? Is saving that 2 feet that big of a deal?

The style of having the sleeping pop out UNDER the end cap is great. Helps to protect the canvas from sun and rain.

Basically ease of towing on a road, storage.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
I love those. Wish we had more like that here in the U.S.

And I happen to like the white interiors too. The dark colors everything comes in here are just that, dark. I much prefer the brightness of those interiors

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Folding Off Road Pop Top Caravans , only some of the avalanche of new non motorised RV's in Australia. Last photo belongs to a small well built Campertrailer manufacturer, now doing small Off Road Caravans

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
rexlion wrote:

Prices in Australia and the US are not really comparable. Quite a few folding trailer designs appearing though.White shiny interiors compliment the Australian countryside and are easy to clean out fine red or white dust

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point