cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After putting down our dogs.

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
A year and a half ago we had to put both of our border collies down 2 weeks apart. A week later the new pup came. We named her Rain because it rained all week and that is what we felt like. Our world had died.

Rain has brought nothing but sunshine!

Here's her (and our story). Maybe it will give someone a little hope.

Rains Movie

PS: She's a rescue too. She was in a kill shelter.
18 REPLIES 18

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
What a GREAT video! :C
Thanks for sharing it. Just goes to show, yes, we need dogs in our life.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
ppine wrote:
TNGW,
Sounds familiar. Ruby has a bunch of toys around the house. I tell her to get "Lamby" or the crocodile or the rabbit. She brings the right one.

She likes to watch animal shows, especially wildlife and canines. Recently we watched a program about wolves. She was fascinated by it and watched for about 20 minutes. It was a graphic program showing some elk kills and large carcasses. My dog got really quiet. The next morning she threw up. I think the program was not what she expected.

LOL. Rain doesn't like those mean dogs either and she's got the names of about 15 toys down. Whitney (my short haired Border Collie) loved videos with horses. She had a thing for horses.

PS: Rain has one toy that I named her "One Hundred and Eight Dollar Toy". It's a long story but she knows that one by name too.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
TNGW,
Sounds familiar. Ruby has a bunch of toys around the house. I tell her to get "Lamby" or the crocodile or the rabbit. She brings the right one.

She likes to watch animal shows, especially wildlife and canines. Recently we watched a program about wolves. She was fascinated by it and watched for about 20 minutes. It was a graphic program showing some elk kills and large carcasses. My dog got really quiet. The next morning she threw up. I think the program was not what she expected.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rain is a very special lady. Great vid and thank you for rescuing her. :c
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
We had lost our dog about 6 months before we moved here from Ct and we decided that we would have no more pets. Then my grandson brought home a little dog that had been severely abused. We felt so protective of her. She had a bad heart and we spent a lot of money on her and still lost her to that problem after 7 years. Well, that certainly was the end of the dogs we said. Then while traveling with a 2 year old in southern Missouri. we stopped to make lunch in a Walmart parking lot. I took my little charge out for a s stroll so she could get the kinks out of her little car seat bottom. In the parking lot, under a shade tree, there was a lady sitting. She called out to us, " I have puppies, do you want to see?" so we walked over and saw. Before we walked away we were the proud owners of a 3 month old yorkie. She came complete with paper to register, food , a piddle pad and more records than I have every seen even for a baby. We had her for 5 years and then we started getting a guest every day. It was a little male yorkie that looked just like ours. I would make sure he was not hungry and fed and then started looking for his owner. He started being our visitor everyday. then one day the owner said to me, you know, I am thinking about getting rid of him. My heart dropped and then I said, please thnk of me first because I have grown attached to him. So, now we have two pets. And I swore up and down I was thru with pets.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
Rain is a lucky dog to be in your family. Rescued dogs are the best.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

brewjaz
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoyed the video. Thank you. Yes, she will have the time of her life---as you can tell she is!

Sorry about the loss of your other pups--especially within a week of each other. I cannot imagine so close together.

cyntdon2010
Explorer
Explorer
Rain, will make a great camping dog.

rain won't replace your other dogs, there in your heart forever.
2010 lacrosse T.T 318 bhs 34 ft,blue ox-tow bar,2005 FORD F-150 larait super crew,Firestone ready rite-air bags lift kit

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for that video.

2 1/2 yrs ago we had to put down our 14 yr old Border Collie.
Smartest dog I have ever had the pleasure of!

WE had 'decided' that was it for us. No more pets.
Yea RIGHT!
For a 1 1/2 yrs. we BOTH were checking out 'rescue sites'

Then one day she showed me a picture/story of this smaller Border Collie Mix...unbeknownst to her I had scoped the same dog out the night before
This was on a Saturday....we called and just happened to get someone.
Made arrangements to get her the next day....
Easter Sunday last year we made a 300 mile trip and got our new dog.
Only mid calf high and 48# but whatever the 'mix' is it is dominated by Border Collie :B

Rescues are the bomb!

THANKS for getting yours via rescue. ALL pets should be acquired that way
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
JimVan wrote:
VERY sorry for your loss, we too just had to have our dog put down. We both loved your video.

There's a best friend out there that needs a good home.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Read up on-line about the Indian legend conception of the 'Rainbow Bridge'. Gave us some insight when we lost our furry friend...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

JimVan
Explorer
Explorer
VERY sorry for your loss, we too just had to have our dog put down. We both loved your video.
Jim & Vanessia
Winnebago Minnie 2500 rls
2015 Silverado 4x4

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
ppine wrote:
On the Seventh Day God created Border Collies.
Thanks for the video.
I now have a similar looking female named "Ruby Begonia." She is 3 and goes everywhere now that I am retired. She is my third BC and best dog of all time. Ruby is good around horses, travels on canoe and raft trips, and carries a pack on backpacking trips. She likes to go fishing. She is the most athletic and the smartest dog I have had in 45 years.

The only thing I don't like about dogs is that they do not live long enough. But they teach us about loss among many other things. I cannot imagine living without dogs. Blessings to you and for your loss.

One of my Border Collies would pick out what she wanted to watch on YouTube. I'd scroll around, she'd see a horse or something that interested her and whine, she'd bark when the mouse went over it so I'd click it and let her watch it. They are very smart dogs.

Rain goes and gets my shoes in the morning. When we camp I can tell her to "go get me a stick" and she'll go find one for the fire. She cleans up her toys and puts them in her basket before we go to bed at night. She loves to go to Home Depot and walks without a leash there. Always stays on my right side. Never moves but knows where that lady with the dog treats works.

I always told my short haired Border Collie she was the "Best Dog Ever" and at the time she was. The loss was devastating. It took a long time but Rain is "The Best Dog Ever" now. If anyone ever hurt my dog they'd be really sorry.

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for your loss; glad you have a dog to help you heal

Of course they were created; The Good Shepherd must have Border Collies
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M