cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need a Camping Menu Template?

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
This version is about the best I've ever found. Easy to add days to plus there is a weekend and week long tab located at the bottom. Easy to add extra columns and rows and since it's based on an Excel type program it intuitively knows when you are adding info you've written before like "coffee". Easy to add to the Cloud and import to other devices.

Still haven't figured out the need for the shopping list but since I tend to plan menus based on items I constantly used I 'm OK.

One day I'll toy with the formatting and add a potion sized formula that will allow me to return home with minimal amts of leftovers.

Lost this template for a while when I bought a new 'puter and despise re-inventing the wheel.

Thanking the person who originally took the time to save this for the technodopes such as I.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aezLi8JrI9baqyzDgfGtMqiiG2zcXAUR3QF_ogGP9lg/edit#gid=2
13 REPLIES 13

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Nice basic excel template you can use as a starting point to customize to your liking.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
GaryKH wrote:
NYCgrrl wrote:
tragusa3 wrote:
I use google docs daily at work. The owner of the file has several options of sharing. They must not have it set to public.

OK. Last-ish try;)

Try this link and sorry for the past mistakes. Apparently I set my settings so only the near and dear could open it:

Shareable Camping Menu

Thanks for this. I have to play with it some, but it does look good. Also, i like that it's on Google drive and can be accessed via my smartphone.
Oh, BTW, with a menu like that, can i come over for dinner? :B

Woosh! So glad it finally worked, people, and hope anyone who can find a good use for the template can modify it to their hearts' content:).

GaryKH, living in an urban apartment, the only time I can pull out the Weber/cook over an open fire for days on end is when I go camping. The winter leaves me with pent up desire soooo I prolly get a bit more ambitious than the average bear.
Fortunately, I've a stern critic in the form of my DGD. She ensures I stay down to earth and made me put PB+J triple deckers on the menu. Oh right and gazpacho; not allowed to travel ANYWHERE w/o that dish, LOL.

You are more than welcome for dinner just make sure ya bring your own boat; we're camping on water access only islands this year and it might be a long swim:B.

GaryKH
Explorer
Explorer
NYCgrrl wrote:
tragusa3 wrote:
I use google docs daily at work. The owner of the file has several options of sharing. They must not have it set to public.

OK. Last-ish try;)

Try this link and sorry for the past mistakes. Apparently I set my settings so only the near and dear could open it:

Shareable Camping Menu

Thanks for this. I have to play with it some, but it does look good. Also, i like that it's on Google drive and can be accessed via my smartphone.
Oh, BTW, with a menu like that, can i come over for dinner? :B

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
That's working for me! Thanks.
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
tragusa3 wrote:

OK. Last-ish try;)

Shareable Camping Menu

aguablanco
Explorer
Explorer
braindead0 wrote:
It only costs nothing if you think your personal information has no value. YOU are the product Google sells, just keep that in mind.

Then they better buy more liability insurance. I am not that predictable.
RichH
2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

eichacsj
Explorer
Explorer
Have Google Acct, logged in, still get needs permission.
2014 Arctic Fox 30U
2001 Silverado 2500 HD, 4WD
8.1 Vortec / 4.10 gears / ATS Stage 2 Allison Transmission with Co-Pilot
Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
Reece Class 5 Hitch with 1700lb bars

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
dhansen871 wrote:
I was unable to open it, per my google "Sheets". what I did not like about the link was there was several "......" in the middle of the link. I'm sure that was the reason I could not open it. Can U try it again " Link" thanks

You mean curse words??!?
If so that is NOT the link I was trying to post.
Can anyone post a screen shot (suitably erased) for the link they are reaching.

I know how I re-found the link. Googled "camping menu plan template" and it was the fourth entry that came up.

The subject link was titled "Google Docs Templates" and this is the description:

"https://docs.google.com/templates?type=spreadsheets&q=meal+plan&sort...Template for creating a meal plan for camping and the associated packing, shopping list. Has versions for a 3-4 day trip and a week long trip. Suggest meals ..."

Remember this is Google and Bing or another search engine's search might have a different order of response.

ETA: Here is the link to my personalised menu doc which I'm assured that others can view. Now I need to change the protocols so no one else can change items. Techno life can make me weary, LOL:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aezLi8JrI9baqyzDgfGtMqiiG2zcXAUR3QF_ogGP9lg/edit#gid=0

dhansen871
Explorer
Explorer
I was unable to open it, per my google "Sheets". what I did not like about the link was there was several "......" in the middle of the link. I'm sure that was the reason I could not open it. Can U try it again " Link" thanks
Dave & DW Jodi
Max the Cat (RIP)
SoCal Mountains and Las Vegas

2007 Country Coach 430 Allure
2012 Jeep GC Overland

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
It only costs nothing if you think your personal information has no value. YOU are the product Google sells, just keep that in mind.
2015 RAM 1500 4x4 5.7, 3.93
2013 Econ 16RB TT

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
jarata1 wrote:
It asks for permission

You might have to sign up for a Goggle acct; costs nothing and works for sites like youtube as well.

I've had one for so long I don't even think about it any more. Which is not to say it dinna take daze of brain power for me to set it up, LOL.

Worthy from my POV since it's also connected to one of my Cloud accts so I can have camping guests make comments, change menu items and allow all participants to make their own copies:).

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
It asks for permission