cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

refrigerator in hybrid

msue
Explorer
Explorer
My refrigerator would not work on propane when I switched from electricity to 12 volt. The stove would work but refrigerator gas light wouldn't stay on.

What do I need to check?

Msue
8 REPLIES 8

campersmd
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem this weekend. Have never used fridge on propane, but plan to during upcoming long trips. I wrote down all of your ideas and will let you know if they worked.

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
I run my range burner on high for about a minute to purge all the air from the propane line, not had a problem with the fridge lighting if I do it that way.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Wavesprite
Explorer
Explorer
We had spiderwebs by the starter.....cleaned them out and ta-da our fridge started ๐Ÿ™‚

msue
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for all of your help. Yes, I probably do need to allow more time for the propane to reach the refrigerator.

gheicher
Explorer
Explorer
As stated above if, not used for a while may take a couple of minutes holding the button in until the gas gets to the burner. If you have a pizzo-electric ignitor I have had sometimes difficulty igniting the burner with it and wound up using a standard grill lighter. In one case a spider had a small web insider the burner tube which prevented ignition - Cleaned out the spider web and it worked like a charm. Some of the fancier units have electronic spark ignitors and in that case it could be no power or a bad electronic module. Depending what system is on your unit it may be a relatively easy fix or perhaps off to the RV shop.

msue
Explorer
Explorer
The battery is charged. I just tried the refrigerator on propane and it stayed on.

I had the plug to the power cord replaced. Maybe the connection is better.

Thank you for your help. I should have tried it before I wrote today.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
May take a while for propane to get to the fridge if new or unused for a while.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

horton333
Explorer
Explorer
Is the battery charged? The fridge will shut off with low battery voltage.

Ford Explorer or Chrysler 300C to tow with.
Tracer Air 238 to be towed.
Triumph Thunderbird Sport - with the toy-hauler gone it's at home.
Retired very early and loving it.