cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want Goodyear Marathons but......

RangemasterP226
Explorer
Explorer
They don't have D rated 8 ply tires for my tire size, ST205/75R15.

Do I....

A. Go with a different brand, if so, what?

B. Move up to the ST 225/75R15s which do come in a Goodyear Marathon? Will they fit on my same rims?

Help please!

ETA: I have a Carson 24' Funrunner and carry two Honda ATVs
26 REPLIES 26

dedmiston
End scene...

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
RinconVTR wrote:
lincster wrote:
RinconVTR wrote:
lincster wrote:
Carlisle..... LOL

Folks that have been around for a while will never trust those.

I saw my buddy replace 4 tires on 1 trip.

Yeah, I'm sure the tires were to blame. That's a good one!

And I guess 3 generations isn't long enough? My family and I have run Carlisle tires as I've been alive. Not one issue on dozens of trailers.

In fact, my ATV trailer just had a valve stem crack open at some point during a 3 hour Interstate drive and the tire looked shockingly normal until the tread and pressure was inspected.

Thus, I continue to use buy Carlisle for all replacements on every trailer I own...which continues to grow in numbers and variety.

Am I a fan-boy for Carlisle? Having experienced well over 4 decades of personal use and abuse, you bet am!

Look at what you said.... ATV trailer.... Not a 13,000lbs+ toyhauler!!!!!!

So, post up some weights that are comparable to toy haulers and we can talk.

Whoa...what! That's funny. My ATV trailer tire was just a recent example. And what do weights have to do with anything?

There are tire failures of "light" trailers and "heavy" trailers alike with blow outs.

Failures could be a result of high %% of used tire weight capacity, but there is ZERO data on that. ZERO.

What do weights have to do with anything????

I'm done.
Good luck to you in la la land.
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

RinconVTR
Explorer
Explorer
lincster wrote:
RinconVTR wrote:
lincster wrote:
Carlisle..... LOL

And I guess 3 generations isn't long enough? My family and I have run Carlisle tires as I've been alive. Not one issue on dozens of trailers.

In fact, my ATV trailer just had a valve stem crack open at some point during a 3 hour Interstate drive and the tire looked shockingly normal until the tread and pressure was inspected.

Thus, I continue to use buy Carlisle for all replacements on every trailer I own...which continues to grow in numbers and variety.

Am I a fan-boy for Carlisle? Having experienced well over 4 decades of personal use and abuse, you bet am!

Whoa...what! That's funny. My ATV trailer tire was just a recent example. And what do weights have to do with anything?

There are tire failures of "light" trailers and "heavy" trailers alike with blow outs.

Failures could be a result of high %% of used tire weight capacity, but there is ZERO data on that. ZERO.

2007_PSD_350
Explorer
Explorer
lincster wrote:
RinconVTR wrote:
lincster wrote:
Carlisle..... LOL

I purchased the Carlisle Radial Trail tires last year and I have been very pleased so far. My trailer is a two axle and is about 15,000 loaded. They are a 12 ply tire and F rated. The tires are significantly more weight than the Towmax tires that came stock and the build quality looked good prior to install. The tires also have a higher speed rating than most of the other tires I compared them too.
2104 Cyclone 3100 HD
2011 F350 - 6.7 Powerstroke - FX4 4x4
2013 Yamaha Zuma 125
2008 Yamaha TW200

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.walmart.com/ip/ST205-75R15-Load-Range-D-Trailer-Tire/52563873?action=product_interest&ac...
RangemasterP226 wrote:
They don't have D rated 8 ply tires for my tire size, ST205/75R15.

Do I....

A. Go with a different brand, if so, what?

B. Move up to the ST 225/75R15s which do come in a Goodyear Marathon? Will they fit on my same rims?

Help please!

ETA: I have a Carson 24' Funrunner and carry two Honda ATVs
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
If you live near a Discount Tire, check out the Heartland ST Radial. 205/75 R15
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T
2015 Ford F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
2010 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.4L

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.walmart.com/search

CONTENDER ST225/75R15
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, Discount Tire (Discount Tire Direct) has a special until tomorrow for $100 off their eBay listings (http://stores.ebay.com/Discount-Tire-Direct?rmvSB=true). I bought the 225 size for 15" wheels. Tires arrived at my house in less than a week and the good news is, the tires that arrived were all manufactured March of 2017.

Those Endurance tires are replacing 6 year old Marathons that I've had very good service from and probably 8000 miles on them. The Marathons have aged and need to be replaced.

I will be taking the new tires and my TT to Discount Tire locally for installation.
I love me some land yachting

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
i agree with lincster, I have cheap home depot Chinese tires on my utility trailer that have been fine towing around minimal weights. My previous RV had goodyears that were 2 years old and blew out twice in one trip tearing the side of the trailer open. Since then I wont play games with tires on the rv and will make certain I have good tires that are fresh and overrated for the loads.
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
RinconVTR wrote:
lincster wrote:
Carlisle..... LOL

2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

RinconVTR
Explorer
Explorer
lincster wrote:
Carlisle..... LOL

RangemasterP226
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, I ordered Goodyear Endurance tires x 4 for my toy hauler. Should be in later this week.