cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camp ground eastern PA Or NJ with good fishing.

kaz442
Explorer
Explorer
Want to take my 13 year old nephew camping and fishing. He lives in eastern PA outside of Allentown. Looking for a nice camp ground that has good fishing. Any info will be appreciated.
Thanks JKaz
1989 26' Jayco class C E350 460cu
4 REPLIES 4

dieselbobcat
Explorer
Explorer
Soaring Eagle right on the upper Delaware.. ok campground but awesome location... about 6 miles north of Calicoon... they run canoe/kayak livery service as well...

Promised Land State Park is one of our all time favorites... not a bad ride from Allentown... great ranger programs and a CCC museum to check out... fishing is real nice... Pickerel Point Campsites book fast but some are FHU

2X Turkey Swamp... great CG and the Manasquan Reservoir is real close as well. Or mix it up and drive 20 min to the shore and catch one of the saltwater party boats at Belmar for the day...

Spruce Run Reservoir right of 78 in Clinton has a nice CG (no hookups) but waterfront sites available... Also other side of 78 is Round Valley (no RVs there really.... maybe a popup in the CG)
2014 Rockwood Ultralight 8312SS Diamond Edition
2016 F350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat Ultimate 4X4 6.2L

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
raystown lake is a little further west??
bumpy

kaz442 wrote:
Want to take my 13 year old nephew camping and fishing. He lives in eastern PA outside of Allentown. Looking for a nice camp ground that has good fishing. Any info will be appreciated.
Thanks JKaz

We go to Delaware State Seashore State Park Campground... right on the inlet and ocean... you can either surf fish, or inlet fish... The marina has boats that will take you either bay fishing, or out front ocean fishing... there are tons of fresh water lakes and ponds within 10 minutes with good fishing...

It is about 3 hours from N.E. Philly area/Southern Bucks
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
Kjaz:

I camp a lot in NJ and almost exclusively at State Parks; Bass River is my favorite, lots of open campsites, nice large lake for fishing and the sea is
only 15 minutes away if you prefer salt water fishing.

Turkey Swamp is also a nice campsite with a lake - I believe they are open all year round
Gerry