cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Percentage of RV'ers that travel with cats.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I was watching a television program on RV'S and one of the question was what percentage of RV'ers travel with cats?

There answer was 15 percent.
10 REPLIES 10

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Can't find it again, but I remember reading that more people RV with dogs than with kids...
In my experience that's true. In fact, almost every RV has a dog. I think the newer Class A's come standard with a small dog.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
While I don't have a cat my parents did and only one liked to go in the car. The cat (spunky) was raised with two German Shepherds and all 3 liked car rides.

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
2 dogs, 1 cat
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
cyntdon2010 wrote:
In our camper our Dog is the kid... he's so lucky to have us.

If he were a cat, you would have written "we're so lucky to have him". :B
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
The last time I camped with a cat in the trailer, he got out and climbed up a tree right before we were set to leave. My Mom refused to leave without him (as did we kids), so my dad spent several hours trying to get up a big pine tree to grab him. He finally got him and told my mom no more cats on camping trips. We always had our dogs with us on every trip - whatever we had at the time came camping with us.

Now, I camp with the two dogs and the parrot. I was worried about the parrot at first as he was at least 31 years old and had spent 30 of that never going anywhere and the last 4-10 years never leaving his cage. But he LOVES to camp.

The cat is too nervous and stays home. Over the years, I had two cats that I would have taken camping - the others wouldn't have been happy camping. My polydactyl would have been a good camper - he didn't climb (his extra toes got in the way) and he was extremely laid back and relaxed.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
One cat.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

cyntdon2010
Explorer
Explorer
In our camper our Dog is the kid... he's so lucky to have us.
2010 lacrosse T.T 318 bhs 34 ft,blue ox-tow bar,2005 FORD F-150 larait super crew,Firestone ready rite-air bags lift kit

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Can't find it again, but I remember reading that more people RV with dogs than with kids...
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I didn't realize the percentage was so high, but then cats usually stay indoors and are not seen.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I do. Well, one cat. It's pretty rare to see that.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman