cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FREE PARKS CANADA PASS

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Although Parks Canada has been offering the passes free as an on-line service, travelers will be issued their free pass at the gate as well. Just a note tho..this does not free camping.

I was reading lots of questions about it in the Alaska 2017 thread and hoped to kinda circumvent that by posting it this way.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
8 REPLIES 8

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
we've already taken advantage of it and visited Point Pelee while the February weather was mild!
2017 Jayflight 26BH Elite

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like I had a spelling boo boo in my note....
soup
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

AKsilvereagle
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Discovery Pass arrived within a week or so ago too, as I retrieved it last Monday.

Return address on the envelope shows sent from Gatineau Quebec, with nice letterhead and brochure too.

Thanks, Canada.
1975 Ford F250 2WD Ranger XLT (Owned June 2013)
460 V8- C6 Trans- 3.73:1 (196K Total Mi)
2000 Fleetwood Angler 8ft Cabover
Air Lift 1000 (Front)
Hellwig 3500 lb Helper Springs (rear)
Hellwig Front and Rear Sway Bars
Goodyear G971 LT Series (siped)

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
My pass was received last week. Thank you Canada!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
There was an article in the paper here reminding people that Algonquin Park is Provincial and not National so don't expect a free pass.

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
In BC's Kootenays it is referred to as a 'gone show'..meaning the hand that is feeding the critter is soon gone.

The rest of us refer to it as the 'gong show'. Same end result tho.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
Ya we have a wedding to go to in Cochrane this summer and we "thinking" of driving up Hwy 22 instead of going through Kootenay and Banff National parks.... we hope to find a lot less traffic...
However we have time to decide on our route... ya never know, we might just drive through the parks to see the "show" as there is usually something interesting happening beside the Hwy. ( grin)
Me thinks it will be a gone show this summer in the Parks

Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

bguy
Explorer
Explorer
Unlike the Provincial Park's seasonal pass, the National parks have an entry fee that is required to be paid daily. For this anniversary year Parks Canada has waived the park entry fees. The camping fees are still in place.
---------------------------------------
2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4, 3.55, HEMI
2009 TL-32BHS Trail-Lite by R-Vision