cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to park in Colorado Springs

True_temper
Explorer
Explorer
We like to go to the flea market on the east side of Colorado Springs then on to the mountains. Where would be a good place to park for the nite on the east side. In the heat of the summer the camp grounds are usually full, don't mind boondocking.
5 REPLIES 5

jlud
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah the KOA is on the south end of town...easy location. Right on the interstate but somewhat expected. Less surprises there and springs not the safest place anymore in my opinion.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
KOA Colorado Springs. Hard to believe they would ever be too full to accommodate you.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Falcon on highway 24.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

True_temper
Explorer
Explorer
Last year we stopped at Lowes, manager was very nice said no problem to stay. Went across the street to Chilis to eat, back to camper for shower, dark by then someone banging on door. Two guys with pistoles said we needed to move, they were going to paint the stripes on the parking lot. I said can I move to the other side of a very large lot they said no they were going to paint the whole lot that night. They said park in the main lane where there were no lines to paint. Listen to the paint machines to about 4 AM then they played foot ball for another hour till it started to rain. Finley got some sleep after that. I know that's a one time deal but it was less than perfect. One hell of a night.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you don't mind boondocking and if they allow it there Walmart & Sams stores often allow overnight parking. Also so does Home Depot. Check with the store first.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.