cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for first hybrid - Aluminum side

BigCat77
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, we are in the process of finding our first travel trailer and after tons of research we have decided on 3 things.

1 - We want a hybrid, specifically with a floor plan such as the 23B offered by a few manufactures. This size fits our weight requirements and the configuration fits our family size and lifestyle (floor plan has lots of room to sit together at night before bedtime for the little ones)

2 - We prefer one with aluminum sides and not the smooth sides.

3 - We will be buying a used camper.

In my research I have only found 2 manufactures, Keystone Cabana and KZ Sportsman.
I have joined this forum seeing advise on other manufactures that offer a hybrid with aluminum siding that is not a brand new camper.

Any suggestions are welcome and thanks for reading my post.

Forrest
5 REPLIES 5

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
I find the aluminum sided trailers get dinged and dented extremely easily. Don't look nearly as nice. Love our gel coat sided trailer!!
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I prefer aluminum old school siding as well. Easier to repair, looks better too. We have had our current hybrid for 14 years and the flat siding has not given us any issues. We store under cover and wax every spring. Really I think the flat stuff is for ease of manufacturering more than for the consumer. However, it has served us well.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Of the two, I'd lean toward KZ.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
BigCat77 wrote:
Hello, we are in the process of finding our first travel trailer and after tons of research we have decided on 3 things.

1 - We want a hybrid, specifically with a floor plan such as the 23B offered by a few manufactures. This size fits our weight requirements and the configuration fits our family size and lifestyle (floor plan has lots of room to sit together at night before bedtime for the little ones)

2 - We prefer one with aluminum sides and not the smooth sides.

3 - We will be buying a used camper.

In my research I have only found 2 manufactures, Keystone Cabana and KZ Sportsman.
I have joined this forum seeing advise on other manufactures that offer a hybrid with aluminum siding that is not a brand new camper.

Any suggestions are welcome and thanks for reading my post.

Forrest

There is no stick and tin hybrid with the layout of the 23B.

As far as other manufacturers that made stick and tin hybrids, there were more of them back in the early days of Hybrids.

Thor of California, R-Vision and some others that are also out of business.

Most all stick and tin hybrids are smaller.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Unless you are very RV savvy I strongly suggest having a private RV tech check over the entire unit prior to purchase.Check for yourself that everything works and nothing leaks. Make a list. Check everywhere for water damage and or rot. Read archives here about brand quality. Know our value prior to looking at a specific unit. This will all be time and money well spent. Best of luck.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)