cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fifth wheel didn't come home ??????

dsnuggles
Explorer
Explorer
So I was suppose to get my new Fuzion 369 on sat..... but after I spent some time inspecting it I found some issues. They fixed everything but one, the ramp door wasn't closing easily with one hand and you can see light coming in from the corners. So they tried fixing it and couldn't get it done that day. Now I'm waiting to hear from them and see when they will have it ready. To me it looks like the door got bent somehow. Let's see what they say it is
18 REPLIES 18

dsnuggles
Explorer
Explorer
mudmaker wrote:
Does it have the electric latches? We have to make sure the back door is open to relieve the air pressure and then slam the door to latch all the way. I figure as the seals get broke in it will be easier.

Honestly I don't know what kind they are. I haven't seen them or asked much about them since I didn't take it home that day. I will ask when I go back and pick it up next week.

Let's see if I get to take it home that finally.

mudmaker
Explorer
Explorer
Does it have the electric latches? We have to make sure the back door is open to relieve the air pressure and then slam the door to latch all the way. I figure as the seals get broke in it will be easier.
Glen and Loretta
Marc, Jake, Kirsten and fur kids Dexter and Bernie
2017 KZ Venom 4114TK Toy Hauler
2015 GMC Acadia
15 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax
11 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax

Dabuck217
Explorer
Explorer
They where coming out of the factory with bad welds, here is the recall from the keystone website,

http://www.keystonerv.com/media/3686484/16-274_-_morryde_ramp_door_-_web.pdf

dsnuggles
Explorer
Explorer
Dabuck217 wrote:
I also bought a new 369, and if you check Keystones website there is a recall for that door. The welds where having issues and they where replacing the hinges, maybe yours didn't get fixed or they fixed it wrong.

I wonder if that's it.... but then again the trailer was just built.

Dabuck217
Explorer
Explorer
I also bought a new 369, and if you check Keystones website there is a recall for that door. The welds where having issues and they where replacing the hinges, maybe yours didn't get fixed or they fixed it wrong.

dsnuggles
Explorer
Explorer
tinner12002 wrote:
Does it have the Mor-Ryde zero gravity door or what is the latch design if not??
Some manufacturers are using just a single handle in the middle of the door which I don't think puts enough pressure on the seals on the top edge of the door to seal it properly.

It's the new Morryde zero gravity door.

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Does it have the Mor-Ryde zero gravity door or what is the latch design if not??
Some manufacturers are using just a single handle in the middle of the door which I don't think puts enough pressure on the seals on the top edge of the door to seal it properly.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
If it was a new rig, I'd walk away and give the dealer a chance to order another. A warped door could have real out of sight problems.

Carlos___Ranae
Explorer
Explorer
Hope you get a resolution quicker than us. We purchased a brand new 2017 in late 2016. On our maiden voyage, we also found light coming through the top of the ramp along with several other issues. Unfortunately we were gone for several months before we could address the issues.

We brought it to the dealership on December and made the mistake of telling them there was no hurry. We hope to get it back this coming week. Jayco stood by all warranty repair issues, including a new ramp door.

Folks have been preaching on this forum for ages to check and double check before accepting the unit, specially new units. Amen to that.
Carlos & Ranae
2017 Seismic 4212
2012 Dodge Ram, 3500 Laramie Longhorn
4X4, DWR, Pullrite 18KSuperslide Hitch
2006 Yamaha Midnight Silverado, 1700 CC

Y-Guy
Oasisbob wrote:
Os is it really cheaper to push units out and pay to fix them later? Terrible quality IMHO

It's been the norm for some time. I saw my Raptor the day it arrived in 2005, before the dealer did the PDI - it was so disappointing. Right from the factory there were construction materials scatted about, no one bothered to clean it up. Dining room table was damaged, and the list went on. Dealer and the PDI guy walked the RV and he found a dozen or so things to be finished before I could do my inspection. When I did my pick up and inspection they had done a detail on it and it looked great, no problems.

Couple years later when we picked up our Winnebago I saw it too, very clean pretty much ready to hit the show room.

I'm not saying one manufacturer is better then the other, but it's sad that anything would ship without a good cleaning and inspection.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

dsnuggles
Explorer
Explorer
Oasisbob wrote:
Wise to check it before you take delivery. The red flag for me is that it made it from the factory, through dealer per delivery they should have done all the way to the customer who had to find this. Come on RV industry how about slowing down on the asembly line and giving quality incentives to the workers? Os is it really cheaper to push units out and pay to fix them later? Terrible quality IMHO

It sad that they don't care about that anymore. They don't take pride in the work anymore. I knew that it would have issues and it will always have some kind of problem and I will fix them as they came up. I just hope this is the only big issue with it.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Wise to check it before you take delivery. The red flag for me is that it made it from the factory, through dealer per delivery they should have done all the way to the customer who had to find this. Come on RV industry how about slowing down on the asembly line and giving quality incentives to the workers? Os is it really cheaper to push units out and pay to fix them later? Terrible quality IMHO
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

dedmiston
dsnuggles wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
"New" new, or just new to you?

A new toy hauler shouldn't have a ramp that doesn't fit. I would be nervous about why it's out of plumb. Is the ramp bent? Are the walls not true? Is the frame bent?

It's brand spanking new. Like I ordered it built from the factory new. Oh I told them if it's not sealing good or if it's out of wack they better order another one. Let's see what they say later on today or by tomorrow

Fingers crossed. Good luck.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

dsnuggles
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
"New" new, or just new to you?

A new toy hauler shouldn't have a ramp that doesn't fit. I would be nervous about why it's out of plumb. Is the ramp bent? Are the walls not true? Is the frame bent?

It's brand spanking new. Like I ordered it built from the factory new. Oh I told them if it's not sealing good or if it's out of wack they better order another one. Let's see what they say later on today or by tomorrow