cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ten year rule with a class "B"?

ctilsie242
Explorer
Explorer
Almost all campgrounds in my neck of the woods have a ten year rule when it comes to RVs, some reportedly asking for the VIN to verify the model year (although I've not personally seen that yet.)

How common is it with an older class "B", to get turned away from CGs? It will be a while before I buy, but there sometimes pops up a very good deal on a mid-2000s van around these parts like a Roadtrek 170 Popular, or a Pleasure Way Excel.
9 REPLIES 9

jjson775
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Snooty until their revenue drops. Another reason to stay in federal, state and county CGs.

+2 I have never heard of such a rule but all the more reason to stay at our wonderful Texas State Parks. 90% of commercial RV parks are dumps anyway.

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Snooty until their revenue drops. Another reason to stay in federal, state and county CGs.

+1
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin

whatimmadoboutm
Explorer
Explorer
This is hardly the first time a 10-year policy has been discussed here, but it seems like such an odd way to filter out the riff-raff if that's the intention. As many people here have stated, a well-maintained 11+ year-old unit is no more unsightly than a new one. Wouldn't it be a better strategy to just increase the CG rates? Surely the "elite" seeking a premium experience would be happy to pay extra for the sake of deterring undesirables.

mkguitar
Explorer
Explorer
never been asked.

guess I'm not staying in the "nice places"

Mike

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Read the ten year rule in LOTS of CG Rules/Regulations handouts

Seen many older then older then 10 yr old RV in those CGs
BUT they ALL were in very good shape/appearance

Seen some places that really need to have/use a 10 yr rule cause of the dilapidated RVs on site.

Business have the right to set rules and they see fit.
I just wish IF they have a 'rule' they enforce it----all the rules

If you get denied/turned away don;t take it personal-----it's just business

RVs have wheels ----roll on down the road and spend your monies elsewhere IF any rule affects you or if you don;t agree with it.
Don't heartbreak over it
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ennajean
Explorer
Explorer
Never been asked.
Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 PleasureWay Excel and have been asked just about every time we check into an rv park what vintage our vehicle is and have never been turned away. Actually, you can't tell my rv from a brand new one and maybe that's why.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Keep it clean and waxed and if anyone asks, it's 9 years old.