cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Drivers and passenger seat replacement questions

HuckleCat
Explorer
Explorer
My old motorhome has no passenger seat and I am not pleased with the drivers seat.

I am looking to get a nice drivers seat and then a double passenger one that will recline (extra sleeping spot for a 7 year old)

Any recommendations? I was thinking about used so we can reupholster with some 70's style material.

Are bolt patterns pretty standard?
Any RV salvage yards that would let us browse around for decent frames?

Our 1975 REVCON album - work in progress
Me and the sweetie found a super 1975 Revcon 250-T
Road worthy as it is, just working out some bugs.
6 REPLIES 6

HuckleCat
Explorer
Explorer
crasster wrote:
Seriously I would just look for a junkyard special. Clean it with a Rug Doc or professionally clean. Then reupholster. No not all bolt patters are the same, but often from the same manufacturer. May have a drill, tap, and die job. BE forewarned that it may not be "as safe" because it was not engineered that way.

Thanks! I am not sure how safe the original design was to begin with. Just doesn't seem to be beefy enough bolts to hold the seats down although I suppose the belts themselves add a lot to the system. I did find a company that custom makes these for vintage GMC mothorhomes for $490 + cost of material. Not too bad of a price all considered.

HuckleCat
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Your link said the finish is dull. Did you ever try the Zep/Red Max Pro process?
Use the wax of your choice if you are not interested in using floor wax.
The prep is the important part.

We may give it a try, but we will likely keep the finish as it is.

There are spots where the paint is coming off and bare aluminum is showing. When we were repainting stripes that were partially missing we applied tape and the tape took off flecks of the original finish. My better half wants the outside to look original (worn and old) for some unknown reason.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Seriously I would just look for a junkyard special. Clean it with a Rug Doc or professionally clean. Then reupholster. No not all bolt patters are the same, but often from the same manufacturer. May have a drill, tap, and die job. BE forewarned that it may not be "as safe" because it was not engineered that way.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Your link said the finish is dull. Did you ever try the Zep/Red Max Pro process?
Use the wax of your choice if you are not interested in using floor wax.
The prep is the important part.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
That is a very cool motor home! Front wheel drive, who would have guessed? I really like the '70s theme. Nice job!

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
You might try these people. They have a lot of parts and furnishing. Located in Missouri.Colaw

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker