cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off low battery warning in 2014 pleasureway Plateau?

Katiekaput
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any idea how to disable this? Sometimes we are asleep and have no lights on and no need to be drawing power (we removed the fridge as we do not use it), and the high pitches low battery whine will begin.... I just want the RV to quietly let the coach battery die.

Thanks for any insights,
Katie
6 REPLIES 6

jjson775
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
jjson775 wrote:
I am on my 2nd Pleasure Way (both Fords) and they have a battery disconnect switch to be used for storage. Not the best idea if you are sleeping in it considering the safety issue raised by Old Biscuit.

LP Detectors do not go thru 'disconnect'....wired directly to battery so they are functional 24/7/365

You may be right but I am very surprised as I have never had the house battery discharge after storing the RV with the battery "disconnected". For sure, the LP detector is a very small load in any case.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
jjson775 wrote:
I am on my 2nd Pleasure Way (both Fords) and they have a battery disconnect switch to be used for storage. Not the best idea if you are sleeping in it considering the safety issue raised by Old Biscuit.

LP Detectors do not go thru 'disconnect'....wired directly to battery so they are functional 24/7/365
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

jjson775
Explorer
Explorer

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
So if I get this right: You removed the fridge because you never use it (could have just turned it off), and now, rather than charging the battery you want to KILL the battery?

You do understand that letting a battery drain as you describe could destroy it, right? there is a reason the low battery alarm is sounding. If this is something you've been doing it's quite possible you have already ruined it.
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

mkguitar
Explorer
Explorer
indeed

Mike

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most likely that is the LP Detector going off on low battery.

It is wired DIRECTLY to battery so that it is ON....safety device to WARN you of a propane leak so you do not continue 'sleeping' and not wake up

Unless you remove ALL propane devices, lines, tank etc then disabling a safety device is NOT recommended.

Need to FULLY Charge battery during DAY Time hours so that battery voltage doesn't go low during night time
Solar Panels OR longer generator run time ----running engine won't do it

Besides..constantly running battery down will damage them (below 12.3)

Probably reason yours doesn't make it thru the night

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31