cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New to this

Dougjpr
Explorer
Explorer
Have a deal ready to go on a used DP, conditional on a test drive.
Looking at changing some other vehicles to get a vehicle to tow.
Looking at 2011-2014 Explorers. Looked at one which has the Limited trim, very nice, but it has the push button ignition. Is that an issue for flat towing? As far as what position the ignition should be in?

Like the Blue Ox set up, looks fairly straight forward to connect and disconnect.

Thanks

Doug
Doug, Katherine, 93-Patrick, 96-Janelle, 00-Riley & 03 Joseph
2004 Chev Astro
2006 Pilgrim 310RBDS, Reese DC
2007 F-350 Lariat,CC, DRW, PSD, 4.10 LS,tow pkg incl tow command controller, ARP studs and all the other 6.0L joys
2 REPLIES 2

JR45
Explorer
Explorer
We hae a Ford Edge with the push button ignition. When setting up to pull place it in N step on the brake and push the button. Turn off everything inside, my Edge is a power hog, so I have a charge system to keep the battery charge going down the road.
I have the Roadmaster system because I like the added support of the bar and a the BlackHawk 2 All-Terrain 10,000lb Tow Bar. My Edge over the truck scale weighs right at 5050lbs with 2 inside so the 2011-2014 Explorer will weigh more, so pick wisely.
JR
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series Cat C9 Samsung 197 RR
Aluminum Radiator was recently replaced with a STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mountings
SilverLeaf VMS 330
Toad--2011 Ford Edge Sport, Air Force One
:C

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
My wife has a 2013 Taurus with a push button start and the manual says you can tow it 4 down.