cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Upgrading my awning.

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Today I had my sadly degraded (and probably original) awning replaced and upgraded.

I did business with Shade Pro, located in Sandy Eggo county. The installer did a great job. Of course I "supervised" him the whole time.

This comprised of an acrylic fabric awning, along with an aluminum weather shield (called 'alumaguard') and it replaced the OEM manually deployed awning with an electric unit and articulated armature that leaves better space for one's head while moving about.

I believe that now I have seen it done, I could replicate the procedure, but I am perfectly willing to have it done and not have endless kibitzing about the project.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.
6 REPLIES 6

silvrsled
Explorer
Explorer
Gonzo42 wrote:
Today I had my sadly degraded (and probably original) awning replaced and upgraded.

I did business with Shade Pro, located in Sandy Eggo county. The installer did a great job. Of course I "supervised" him the whole time.

This comprised of an acrylic fabric awning, along with an aluminum weather shield (called 'alumaguard') and it replaced the OEM manually deployed awning with an electric unit and articulated armature that leaves better space for one's head while moving about.

I believe that now I have seen it done, I could replicate the procedure, but I am perfectly willing to have it done and not have endless kibitzing about the project.

You mind if I ask what that cost you? I would like to do the same on our rv and am also in San Diego.
2016 Thor Fourwinds 28Z
2016 Well Cargo trailer for our race goodies

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Check to make sure that the new awning has a positive lock feature to assure that it can't come unfurled underway like ours did. Luckily just our fabric was shredded but the mechanical stuff was unharmed.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I chickened out on my small off-road POPUP trailer and just removed the whole thing until I figure out what to do... In the meantime we have just been using one of the straight legs PATIO CANOPYs from WALMART.... It sits right up next to the door where the access door is... Comes with a nice tote bag...

Working out pretty good haha...

google image

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, I know what you mean. They really are not all that complicated to do if you take your time. However it does help to have a friend there to lift.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Gonzo42 wrote:
Sandy Eggo county.

I like that. :B

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Once you go electric, you will wonder why you waited so long!