cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone in SW Arizona with a twin Yamaha generators?

DieselBurps
Explorer
Explorer
Probably a long shot, but I am wondering if there is anyone in the SW AZ area that has twin Yamaha 2000 watt generators paralleled together? I currently have one 2000 watt Yamaha but I am looking to purchase another one to run them in parallel in order to run the air conditioner. I would like see if two generators will run my AC before I go spend the money on a second genny. I will pay you for your time in cash or beer, it would probably only take about 15 min. I am in a LTVA BTW.
6 REPLIES 6

Chinolbz
Explorer
Explorer
Yamaha 2400 would not start my 13.5 AC at 85 degrees. I was heart broken. Chino

traveylin
Explorer
Explorer
Read up on inverter/generator vs std generator The inv/gen is new tech very suitable for running microprocessor electronics. The controls for conv std power to dc to sine wave pure power are layers of complexity that add cost and reliability concerns to the inv/gen. Parallel operation is an option with the inv/gen. The Yamaha article summed it up as a new approach focused on running microprocessor, but if kw are needed for a/c a standard adequate sized machine is significantly cheaper and simpler

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
traveylin wrote:
Keep it simple buy a large enough gen set to do your job and ebay sell the one ya got. Cost should net out. parallel generator operation is not for amateurs. Phasing, synchronizing, hunting, safe disconnect, backfeed etc are all good topics to avoid.

The digital inverter control takes care of all that for you. It's a proprietary system, not just connecting the mains together from two analog gensets
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If it were me, I would sell the one you have and get one of the new Yamaha 2400's. They will start your AC at idle with no problem.

traveylin
Explorer
Explorer
Keep it simple buy a large enough gen set to do your job and ebay sell the one ya got. Cost should net out. parallel generator operation is not for amateurs. Phasing, synchronizing, hunting, safe disconnect, backfeed etc are all good topics to avoid.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not in sw az but I can tell you my personal experience with twin yamaha and a 13.5 AC.

They would not start the rooftop reliably maybe 50 50. And a hot restart was even less likely.

After I installed a Supco cap kit, the twins start and restart the rooftop no problem. They still need eco mode off though.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed