cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

don't buy an Attitude unless you want a bad attitude

rockwind1
Explorer II
Explorer II
just a vent thread. every **** thing on this trailer has broken or needed to be fixed before it broke. are all trailers built as poorly as attitude? if i charged Attitude $15 an hour for my time fixing stuff and parts, they would owe me close to $40,000, i am conservatively guessing

any true toyhauler fifth wheel people on here who have tried a bunch of brands? which one is the built the best?

2007 attitude 34FSAKG

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!
25 REPLIES 25

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
A saying about RV owners you need to be real handy about fixing things or real handy writing checks!

dannko
Explorer
Explorer
judelaurenzo25g wrote:
cartmancartman wrote:
I purchased a new Attitude, had a few issues that were fixed by the factory. Not one problem since then. The year they put on my toy hauler was like 2 years later. I bought in 2010, it was labeled a 2012 I believe.

LOL! I bought my 18 in 16... Go figure!

Yes that game needs to stop by gag a government agency. They do this so when the units are older, people buying it used think it is newer. Very deceptive, a year model should be the year it's built and put out for retail.

dannko
Explorer
Explorer
go checkout Sundowner, ATC, and Livinlite, in my opinion the best out there in that order. If more people start buying these, the mfg's may up their game. Only one problem, price, the better built units cost more, but not much, and actually the ATC is no more than a Winnie TH.

judelaurenzo25g
Explorer
Explorer
cartmancartman wrote:
I purchased a new Attitude, had a few issues that were fixed by the factory. Not one problem since then. The year they put on my toy hauler was like 2 years later. I bought in 2010, it was labeled a 2012 I believe.

LOL! I bought my 18 in 16... Go figure!
A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.

cartmancartman
Explorer
Explorer
Another thing is some people leave there toy haulers in the desert year round, which absolutely destroys everything in the toy hauler. Again another reason I would never buy a used toy hauler/rv.

cartmancartman
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a new Attitude, had a few issues that were fixed by the factory. Not one problem since then. The year they put on my toy hauler was like 2 years later. I bought in 2010, it was labeled a 2012 I believe. Anyways, you are probably dealing with 12 year + old toy hauler. Best to buy new, so factory can fix all the issues and you dont deal with the issues. Good luck, this is a good thread it is hit or miss with RVs always do your due diligence, even if you buy new.

Moose10
Explorer
Explorer
I had an '05 38' PlayMor triple axle, dual slide with a 12' garage for about 5 years and never really had any problems with it. Well built IMO.
2001.5 Ram 3500 4x4 QC Sport ETH/DEE
on Vision Hauler 19.5's
'06 Arctic Fox 1150
'09 Nissan Murano S
'14 Ford F-150 FX4
'03 Polaris 700RMK VE, MBRP can
'04 Polaris 600RMK VE
'04 & '05 Suzuki Eiger 400's

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
2007 19 Ft" ECLIPSE ATTITUDE fresh water tank leaked right at the fitting that goes to the other tank.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for your continuing bad fortune...

I have a 2005 Coachmen Cascade. out of business for Years.. purchased it used.. N.E. Ohio never under a cover/roof. 2 years ago.

last winter lived in it for 3 1/2 months... 1 gfi failure.
this winter lived in it for 5 months.. 1 propane regulator failure.

sin_cal_hd
Explorer
Explorer
N-Trouble wrote:
You cant even get the name right...

Eclipse RV is the manufacturer. Attitude and Stellar are separate model names.

Probably just grouping the whole mfg in a basket.

Im still curious when this all started.
2015 2500 Ram Mega Cab 4x4
2017 Wolf pack 325
Wife and 2 little boys
2 golden retriever pups

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
You cant even get the name right...

Eclipse RV is the manufacturer. Attitude and Stellar are separate model names.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
Lol. Carry on with the complaining. These are always entertaining.
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

rockwind1
Explorer II
Explorer II
yep, I am ABSOLUTELY complaining. thisw STELLAR ECLIPSE ATTITUDE is a piece of garbage and it shouldn't need anywhere near this amount of work. i've had other trailers.

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
So you are complaining about a 2007 trailer?

Do you think everything lasts forever?

Trailers need work. I had to replace my fresh water dump valve cause it leaked. I had to replace the drain hoses for the water system, they rotted due to sun and time. Just normal stuff.

Is your trailer stored outside? Sitting outside for 10 years is hard on something.

You do realize that by your numbers, that is 2667 hours worth of work. Which is more than a full time job for 1 year.......
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail