cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manually/by pass raise power lift bed?

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
First major failure on our Journey, and its out of warranty. Went to raise bed and all I get is a faint click. Pulled the controller access panel and red LED is flashing nine times which indicates "Hall power short to ground" which they say is a wiring issue. Reset the controller and killed all power to MH. No luck. Will be Monday before I can get with Winnebago for the wiring diagram.

Called my mobile tech and he is not back until May 1. Well at least I didn't get stuck somewhere besides my driveway. Could have been ugly considering some of the places we were this winter.

Is there a way to manually raise the bed so I can pull in the slide? Or by pass the controller and raise the bed?
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!
3 REPLIES 3

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Things were so much more simple when we didn't have all these electronic controllers. They have error codes! The other day I opened a toaster from the 1950's. All mechanical! No sensors. It worked still, the only reason I opened it was to clean it out real good.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I posted on IRV2 a response for you. Do a search and you will find the long thread on this subject. The easy solution short term is to put tape over the sensor to fool it and hold the bed foard up and rest against cavinet when slide is in. There is much more discussion on fixing. Good luck.

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
HERE is a thread in another forum that addresses the same issue you are having. Hopefully one of the suggestions will help you fix yours.
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C