cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

slide out and generator

USCGA
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago Acess driver's side slide out won't extend, I get 17 blinking greens indicating something to do with low voltage. I am hooked up to full power. Also, on the same side is my Onan generator, it too won't even do anything. Any help please! I was able to extend the slide out manually with crank rods.
6 REPLIES 6

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
Always do the free stuff first. Virtually every time I had issues with 12V systems that have a high amp draw (both the slide and generator starting are) it's been a poor connection. Make sure your battery connections are clean and tight, including the connection between the ground cable and frame.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
Agree on the batteries as the culprit. Try to start the generator AFTER starting the vehicle. If it starts then open the slide. Good battereis will run about $300 (got my 31's at sears) but they make a difference. Put them on a battery tender if possible after putting into storage. Same for engine battery.

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
tatest wrote:
For my older Winnebago, if I have any doubts about power to move the slides, I will start the engine, because the alternator is a better source of 12V power. It will usually move the slides even if the house batteries are fully discharged.

Good advice; worth a try.

THEN.....the OP needs a multi-meter.

IF the battery disc. switch is OFF it can cause this kind of a problem.....as well as not charging the batteries on some models.

IF the batteries are in really bad shape, that can cause it too....as they will suck most of the converter power and not leave enough for the slide.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is unusual for slideout not moving when plugged in, although most demand the maximum from a converter-charger and really need the power available from well-charged house batteries. For my older Winnebago, if I have any doubts about power to move the slides, I will start the engine, because the alternator is a better source of 12V power. It will usually move the slides even if the house batteries are fully discharged.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Unplug. If you start your MH, see if it ups the voltage to the house and allows you to use the slide & start the genny.

Are you sure there is voltage charging while plugged in? (Check all DC fuses too)
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps you have the battery disconnect switch turned off.