cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TV Connection

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am trying to figure out the coax antenna wiring for my new Coleman 300tq trailer. I pulled the Furrion DV 5600 DVD AM/FM from the entertainment center. A coax comes from the Furrion for the DVD and goes into a 3 way splitter. The splitter has 3 coax terminals on one side and one on the other. From the Furion DVD coax goes to terminal 1 of the three. Terminal #2 and #3 goes off to TV 2 and TV 3. The single terminal on the other side of the splitter goes to Set 2 on the TV Power Booster.

Question wouldn't you think if the Furrion DVD is wired into the splitter that goes to Set 2 of the Power Booster and TV 2 and TV 3 that when you play a DVD it would play on all three TV's?

My ultimate plan is to configure the coax so I can run my portable satellite system using the the park cable connection but that will be for another topic. Now just trying to figure out the existing wiring connection...
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.
1 REPLY 1

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I figured it out

Finished wiring for Portable satellite. I installed another wall plate with a jumper for "A" and "B". I also added a "C" for the #2 and #3 TV's.

I removed the park cable from the middle of the power booster. I attached that to "A" on the second wall plate. I ran a second short coax from cable on the power booster to "B" on the added wall plate. I made a small jumper for "A" and "B".

I added coax splitters to the coax for TV #2 and #3 and ran that to "C" on the added wall plate. I have the Dish 211k Satellite receiver which has Satellite out. I connect Sat out on the back of the Sat receiver to "C" on the added wall plate.

And the end result it that it all works (miracle). I may connect a AB switch but disconnecting the Jumper from "A" and connecting Sat In from the receiver is not a problem... if you could see around the corner TV 3 is also on
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.