cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blue Boy

Montara24d
Explorer
Explorer
Making our first trip to Alaska this year. This forum has been a great help. We will be taking our 34' 5th wheel. My question is should I take along the blue boy?
John
John & Stephanie
Aquebogue, N.Y.
2016 Ford 4X4, Lariat
6.7, SRW, long bed
34' 5th wheel
10 REPLIES 10

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
If you open your options to not staying exclusively in campgrounds with full hook ups, then the blue boy can come in handy. We stayed in a variety of public campgrounds that had no hook ups. It is nice to have the ability to dump tanks if you need to without hooking up and driving to a dump station.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

Montara24d
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for each & every response, once we start packing the truck I will see how the room goes. We have a pick up with a 8' bed, & a tool box in the front of the bed. The blue boy fits in the front of the bed, under the tool box, so it looks like I'll be taking it for a ride.
John
John & Stephanie
Aquebogue, N.Y.
2016 Ford 4X4, Lariat
6.7, SRW, long bed
34' 5th wheel

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
As I've posted before, my experience in Alaska does not include much RV'ng, but plenty of time (5 decades!) driving the roads. There's quite a few dump stations around. If you'll be in one spot for a long time, the blue boy may save a unhook/dump/hookup experience, but other than that, I'd guess you'll find enough dump stations not to need the tote.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
Only take it if you plan to be parked in one spot long enough to need it. I hauled one there and never used it.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Dump stations are readily available as you travel. Many gas stations have them. How long can you normally go without dumping? Will you be boondocking for a long time? There are many, many rental RVs on the roads and none of them carry blue boys and I would imagine they have smaller tanks than you. We never had an issue finding a dump station. I wouldn't bother with it.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
My "blue boy" travels wherever we go. Helpful when needed...light weight. Why not?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Ol_coot
Explorer
Explorer
We will be taking ours. This is our second trip. At camp on the Klutina for a month fishing it really comes in handy. If not in the way and you have room, recommend taking it.

Montara24d
Explorer
Explorer
djgarcia wrote:
Montara24d wrote:
Making our first trip to Alaska this year. This forum has been a great help. We will be taking our 34' 5th wheel. My question is should I take along the blue boy?
John

Are you referring to a blue boy hadicaped plack or a dump blue boy?

The dump blue boy.
John
John & Stephanie
Aquebogue, N.Y.
2016 Ford 4X4, Lariat
6.7, SRW, long bed
34' 5th wheel

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Montara24d wrote:
John

Are you referring to a blue boy hadicaped plack or a dump blue boy?

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
Where will you be camping?
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer