cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for smaller/lighter TT

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Less than 4,000 lbs, loaded, and probably less than 20'. I know there a lot a TT in this class, but I want one with 2 different sleeping areas. One could be a knock down dinette. (I snore, so I am looking for somewhere that DW can sleep without a diesel truck in her ear !)

The Riverside 181B is about the best floor plan I have come up with

I would probably remove the top bunk and maybe add a cabinet up there. I would really like a slide out for more interior space.

I am not opposed to a hybrid.
34 REPLIES 34

OldShu
Explorer
Explorer
This seems to satisfy the floor plan wishes but not the weight or $. It is available with a Murphy bed option or a true fixed 60x80 queen bed.

You might be able to find a used one closer to you price point.

http://www.lancecamper.com/travel-trailers/2185/

Just a thought.
'17 Lance 1475 w/160 w solar, Grp 31 Deep Cycl Trojan, Tire Traker TPMS, Prog. Ind. EMS-PT30C

'17 Ridgeline RTL AWD Equalizer 600/6000

Living the dream Thanks! How about you?

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to lay on the Murphy bed, if you haven't yet. We looked at one of the MiniLites a couple years ago that had one. The mattress was not very comfortable and didn't have much room for a better one. The loss of pass through storage was a downer, too.
We liked the overall camper and would have bought one with a walk around queen, but nobody had one.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
Well, I might have found it ! Only down side, is I will need a bigger TV as the loaded weight is 6500#.

Possibly 2 more downsides I see ... you'd probably not be able to squeeze by the dinette in the travel position to get to the bathroom or fridge - a non-starter for many of us. There's also no reason a trailer of this size needs to have a short queen bed, Murphy or not. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I might have found it ! Only down side, is I will need a bigger TV as the loaded weight is 6500#.

Rockwood Mini Lite 2509S

I would consider removing the outside kitchen and just use it for storage.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
I have not given up my "quest" for the perfect small trailer ! What I have found is I really like Murphy bed models ! So nice to walk in and not think you are in a bedroom.

So now I am thinking Murphy bed, kitchen or dinette slide and twin bunks in the back.

Is Rockwood the only manufacturer that allows some amount of "customization" of their interiors ?

sherpaxc
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
sherpaxc wrote:
I know and trust Jayco, but Jayco doesn't make anything I want. Starcraft does though.

FYI - Starcraft is owned bt Jayco. Many Starcraft models are identical to Jayco models, with different color trim.

You're right, that is why I was referring to that. The issue is Jayco has their smaller Swift line with tiny tanks. It is my main issue with the smaller trailers they offer. The AR One Maxx 19BHLE has a a 42 gallon fresh water tank. Much better than the 20 gallon many of the Jayco's have.
08 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Ductape Dave wrote:
Check out the Viking or Clipper, very happy with my Coachmen Clipper 17BH.

What is the difference between these 2 lines ? The floorplans look identical.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
sherpaxc wrote:
I know and trust Jayco, but Jayco doesn't make anything I want. Starcraft does though.

FYI - Starcraft is owned bt Jayco. Many Starcraft models are identical to Jayco models, with different color trim.

sherpaxc
Explorer
Explorer
There is no way one can buy an Oliver with 15k. That is not even realistic. Ha! Anyway, the Clipper/Viking 17BH is high on my list, though I'd get it with the slide. I'm nervous about buying a Forest River product though. I know and trust Jayco, but Jayco doesn't make anything I want. Starcraft does though. If only I could find one lightly used. As many as are sold, I haven't seen one for sale yet. Thanks for the ideas ya'll.
08 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7

GWolfe
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Clipper 17RD with a queen bed and a fold down dinette, love all the windows it has. Thinking it may be a little small for you after reading your responses about the loveseat recliner and U shaped dinette, no slide either.

17RD Floor Plan
2005 Sun-Lite Eagle
2011 Silverado

Ductape_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Viking or Clipper, very happy with my Coachmen Clipper 17BH.
2016 Coachmen Clipper 17BH
2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Forest RIver Viking 17BH. Or Coachman Clipper 17BH. Both have two sleeping areas and a dinette for a 4th bed if needed.
Bob

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
It might help the OP if people would include approximate selling prices with their favorites.

TN_TRAVELLER1
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I bought our Legacy Elite Travel Trailer from Oliver last year and we love it. We are currently traveling the Tennessee plateau. If you are looking for a light weight but elegant travel trailer then I definitely do recommend an Oliver!

Standard Floor Plan Seating Mode

Standard Floor Plan Sleeping Mode

Twin Bed Standard Floor Plan Seating Mode

Twin Bed Floor Plan Sleeping Mode

olivertraveltrailers.com/trailers/legacy-elite/

***Link Removed***

Oliver does have a larger version of the Travel Trailers as well if that suits you better. It's 23' 6".
I'm just a traveler, on this earth.