cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Higher end RV resorts around Stone Mountain, GA

hammer01
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know of any nicer campgrounds/resorts in the stone mountain area? Nice meaning larger sites, more things for kids to do, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff
7 REPLIES 7

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
If you plan to visit Stone Mountain more than once, it would pay to stay in the park. You have to pay to get into Stone Mountain. I think it's $10 or $15 per day. If you camp there, you only pay it the day you check in.

Stone Mountain Campground isn't high end by any means, but it is a nice campground.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the RV Park inside of Stone Mountain. Everything that's worth doing around there is at the park so you may as well stay there.

love2rvcamp
Explorer
Explorer
I agree that Stone Mountain Park is going to be your best choice. I live close enough to the park to hear the fire works after the laser show.

There is plenty to do in the park and it is about a 45 minute downtown (depending on traffic).
Mike and Michelle and 2 kids
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS
Equalizer hitch with Envoy brake controller

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Choices are few but we were quite happy with Stone Mtn. We were there primarily for a Scottish Highland Games festival in the park. Also did a day of downtown Atlanta for the zoo etc.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any CG is scarce around metro Atlanta
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
None/No
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Stone Mountain Park Campground is inside the park with great views of water, the mountain, miles of paths and sidewalks, all kinds of stuff to do.

CLICKY LINK
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.