Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heat water

TheKunkels
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy to all.
Our CG shuts off the water during winter which I understand.
We use the CG showers. But every now and then the wife wants to soak in the tub in our tt. I can get pails of water if I want and heat water on the stove ( and use gas ) and dump in the tub for her. I was thinking of heating a couple metal 5 gal buckets on the fire pit and dumping them in. Some work involved but manageable. Does anyone have any better ideas they can share. I thought of storing water in a 55 gal barrel and use a sump pump to fill the small tub. Heat a couple buckets over the fire and dump them into the barrel then pump with the pump. Will hot water damage a sump pump.
Thanks guys and gals.
God Bless โ€ 
11 REPLIES 11

MNGeeks61
Explorer
Explorer
Funny you mention this.

Our seasonal campground also has no water, but there are plenty of ice fishermen/snowmobilers/ATV'ers that come up in winter.

They fill these coolers up with hot water and use them if they need hot water.

We heat water on the stove in our park model if required and put it in an insulated container in the same fashion. I think a couple of the 5 gallon containers might work for you - then again getting the water heated in the first place is the tough part.

Whiskey_River
Explorer
Explorer
If word of this gets out you are going to ruin it for all of us.
But if you are going to do it, park near the campground shower and carry the water from there. Put a couple pans of water on the stove to boil and top off the tub water you carried from the shower room.....

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
We have several of the heaters, bought from Jeffers equine.com, here in Dothan, we use them for our animal troughs in the winter, but will not actually get hot enough to heat water for a hot tub.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Harbor Freight sells this dandy little 12V transfer pump. You could use a dark colored bladder or barrel and Mr Sun will heat the water.

I do like those water trough heaters, though. Just make sure that if you use it in the tub to remove it before inserting Wife.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you can get buckets of water can't you just fill your holding tanks with that water and use the on board water heaters to get hot water where ever and when ever you need it? Is the coach winterized and not capable of utilizing the plumbing that was designed in. There are a number of way of getting water into your coach so we would need to know how you are setup be it gravity feed or pressurized city water only.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, I think the simple thing to do is just large pans on the stove. Campfire heating you'll need something to keep ash out. Be careful hauling all that super hot water!
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

The_Kunkels
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Sadie and Drew. When thinking 55gal barrel I thought of the blue plastic ones. Forgot about the metal ones. Great Ideas.
The Lord loves you so don't leave home without Him.
Safe travels to all.
God Bless โ€ 

atwowheelguy
Explorer
Explorer
1500 watts

http://www.unitedvetequine.com/Automatic-Horse-Waterer/Sinking-horse-waterer-De-Icer.asp

1000 watts

http://www.unitedvetequine.com/Automatic-Horse-Waterer/Submersible-horse-Water-Heater.asp
2013 F150 XLT SCrew 5.5' 3.5 EB, 3.55, 2WD, 1607# Payload, EAZ Lift WDH
Toy Hauler: 2010 Fun Finder XT-245, 5025# new, 6640-7180# loaded, 900# TW, Voyager wireless rear view camera
Toys: '66 Super Hawk, XR400R, SV650, XR650R, DL650 V-Strom, 525EXC, 500EXC

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I'm with midnightsadie: heat the water in the barrel, raise it up, and put an ordinary ball valve on the bottom so you can "pump" it into buckets using gravitation. Most sump pumps would have a temperature limit, probably below the boiling point of water; the literature for the pump in question ought to spell it out.

Sometimes you can get big stock pots, 24 quarts or so, fairly inexpensively. One of those heated to near boiling might be more than enough hot water (when mixed with cold to make a pleasant temperature) to fill a small tub. Carrying a large hot heavy stock pot is not the easiest, however.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
she,s one lucky gal. heat the whole 55gal and pump it in threw a hose.set the drum on blocks and build the fire under it.

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
You'll tote buckets of hot water so your wife can take a tub bath? That's love... ๐Ÿ˜‰