cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Eastern PA-July Resort Style waterpark & Kids activities

jayco304
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for good recommendations on resort style parks in central or eastern PA area that have lots for kids and a waterpark.

Any first hand feedback is welcome.
Please visit www.cram-a-lot-inn.com to learn more about our travel adventures.

2000 F350 7.3PSD
2010 Jayco 324BHDS Travel Trailer
12 REPLIES 12

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
X5 on Knoebles

Very family based park & campground.

No extra charge on how many staying at your campsite, no charge to enter amusement park. Clean bathrooms, respectful campers experienced staff. Get a lot of value for your camping dollar!

We will be back again this July! :C

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Stefonius
Explorer
Explorer
Knoebels is wonderful for the whole family. The campground is not only adjacent to the amusement park, it's owned by the amusement park. I can't recommend them enough. They've got something for all ages, and wonderful food. The campground has areas for tents, cabins and RVs of every size and description. We're going in May!
2003 F450 Crew Cab, 7.3 PSD "Truckasaurus"
2010 Coachmen North Ridge 322RLT fiver "Habitat for Insanity"
I love my tent, but the DW said, "RV or Divorce"...

greyeyes819
Explorer
Explorer
We've done Splash Magic, Danville & Jellystone in Quarryville with out kids when they were younger. Both very nice campgrounds, though even with all they offer, i have a hard time spending $230 for 2 nights at Jellystone on a weekend.
Tami, Daniel
Owen & Ethan
09 F150
07 Sunset Trail 30BH
Reese Dual Cam & Prodigy Brake Control

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
Dont mind my Fatness. at quarryville... LOL

Jellystone
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh

mikhen
Explorer
Explorer
North Central....Splash Magic

mikhen
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
We are going to Butonwood , in Mexico PA.. that is about 45 minutes North West Of Harrisburg. They have later tag, minni golf, and are right on the river. they have river tubing, they shuttle you about 2 miles upriver, and you float back down to the campground...

Have not stayed there yet, but looking forward

Great place.

We love Knoebles . . It is like going back in time and VERY CLEAN !

Like stated, the campground has 3 things going for it -
#1 - LOCATION
#2 - LOCATION
#3 - LOCATION
The campground is clean, and maintained, but there are others in the area nicer, but farther from the park. They run a shuttle from the upper part of the campground to the park entrance. the upper is a bit larger, and has 30amp electric, water filling station, and dump station.. I think the lower portion may have full, but never stayed down there, as they are TIGHT . .
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'll second Knoebles. Basically it is a pay as you go amusement park. If you and the wife don't want to ride anything it doesn't cost you anything to get in. If you want to ride a roller coaster you can pay the $3 in ride tickets to ride it. They have a large pool with high diving boards and also have water slides. The food in the park is decent and reasonably priced. I recommend the Friday Fish Fry. All you can eat fish for like $8.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
Jellystone in quarryville PA. Youll have a blast... we go every year for a week.
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I'm fond of the Knoebels campground. The campground itself is nothing special, but the park is wonderful and does have a (small) water park area and a whole lot of other very family-friendly activities and attractions which can be enjoyed without sucking one's retirement savings dry. The Knoebels campground is adjacent to the park, up the hill from the roller coasters. There are other (and frankly nicer) campgrounds in the general vicinity, too, but not within easy walking distance of the park.

The HersheyPark campground might be a reasonable option as well, though it's more western and less central.

Edit: looking at a mao again, I guess Hershey is about as central as it gets. My geograohy was a bit off.

We are going to Butonwood , in Mexico PA.. that is about 45 minutes North West Of Harrisburg. They have later tag, minni golf, and are right on the river. they have river tubing, they shuttle you about 2 miles upriver, and you float back down to the campground...

Have not stayed there yet, but looking forward
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
Two places come to mind, the first is "Old Mill Stream" in Lancaster Pa. its part of the Dutch Wonderland complex. The Second is the "Jellystone Park" about 15-20 min. from there. You didn't mention the ages of the children, Dutch Wonderland is geared toward the younger aged children, but they have a water park on site. We took out grandkids to Jellystone a few years back, and they had a blast. If you do a Google search for campgrounds in the Lancaster area, they have posted a few more in the area. Good Luck and Happy Camping !!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W