cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any full timers in Connecticut?

lucasland
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone fulltiming and spend some or all their time in Connecticut? Could you suggest some spots you camp at for long periods of time ?
"Tell all your friends about me, especially the pretty ones" - Ed
10 REPLIES 10

snowcrustracer
Explorer
Explorer
Try SunValley Beach Club in Stafford CT
Riverdale campground down by Hammonasset

There are others but these are the 2 that I personally know of but they are seasonal.
Most full timers here split the year and head south for the winter.
2000 Toyota Tundra & 2007 FWC Eagle (SOLD)
2016 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW & 2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EXRR

Mike__Rose
Explorer
Explorer
I know people who are seasonal at the Mystic KOA from May to October, then leave for warmer weather down south for the next six months. Ashaway RV Resort in RI also has seasonal sites from April 15 to October 15.
See you on the road!

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Think out carefully how you and your RV will stay comfortable in winter.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Devocamper wrote:
NYCgrrl wrote:
In CT as far as the SPs are concerned you will have to contend with the fairly new rules that state you can camp a total of 21 days and then a "time out" comes into play. I'm paraphrasing but here's a quote from the the state's website so you can be fully cognizant of all nuances:

DEEP wrote:
Length of Stay
The camp day is defined as being from the time of arrival until 12:00 noon. Check-in time is 1:00 p.m.

At Hammonasset Beach and Rocky Neck State Parks, the maximum length of stay is twenty-one consecutive days. If you have a 21 day reservation, all members of your camping party and your camping equipment must leave the park for 5 days before you can return. At any inland state park campground the maximum length of stay is fourteen consecutive days. Following each stay at an inland campground, regardless of duration, a five day interim period is mandatory for all members of the camping party. Campers may not move to another camping area within the same park or forest during the interim. The camp areas within Pachaug State Forest and Hopeville Pond, and Kettletown and Black Rock State Parks shall be considered one campground. All equipment must be removed from the campsite at the end of each stay.

HTH
CT state parks are not open all year there is very short season for state campground and even shorter this coming season due to budget cuts

Yes I noticed the announcement on the web page! Something about waiting for a new budget to be made:S
Well I planned my long trip in NYS this year but was thinking I'd hit Hammo for a couple of weekdays. Think I better find another NYS site for that jaunt as well.

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
NYCgrrl wrote:
In CT as far as the SPs are concerned you will have to contend with the fairly new rules that state you can camp a total of 21 days and then a "time out" comes into play. I'm paraphrasing but here's a quote from the the state's website so you can be fully cognizant of all nuances:

DEEP wrote:
Length of Stay
The camp day is defined as being from the time of arrival until 12:00 noon. Check-in time is 1:00 p.m.

At Hammonasset Beach and Rocky Neck State Parks, the maximum length of stay is twenty-one consecutive days. If you have a 21 day reservation, all members of your camping party and your camping equipment must leave the park for 5 days before you can return. At any inland state park campground the maximum length of stay is fourteen consecutive days. Following each stay at an inland campground, regardless of duration, a five day interim period is mandatory for all members of the camping party. Campers may not move to another camping area within the same park or forest during the interim. The camp areas within Pachaug State Forest and Hopeville Pond, and Kettletown and Black Rock State Parks shall be considered one campground. All equipment must be removed from the campsite at the end of each stay.

HTH
CT state parks are not open all year there is very short season for state campground and even shorter this coming season due to budget cuts
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer

DEEP wrote:
Length of Stay

HTH

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
In 2015 we volunteered with the COE in Thomaston. Due to an electrical transformer fire, the volunteers sites were not available for the first two months we were there.

The Corps put us up at Branchbrook Campground on the south end of Thomaston off US 6.

Official open dates are Apt 1 to Nov 1.

We found it to be an acceptable campground with courteous owners. The CG is mostly full of people renting a site for the full season. Leaving their rigs in place the whole summer. Some rigs are left at the CG over the winter.

You might want to check that one.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

lucasland
Explorer
Explorer
what about places open just for the season?
"Tell all your friends about me, especially the pretty ones" - Ed

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
other than aces high I do not think there are any other campgrounds open all year round in ct and at aces high they charge for visitors , showers, extra car and anything else they can think of to charge you for so it can be very costly to stay there. Normandy farms in mass was the last one that stayed open all year but even they are now closing during the winter.
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

NHIrish
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not, but Aces High in East Lyme is the only place that I know of where people year round. Always a few every year.
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS

2010 Carriage Cameo 32-FwS
2008 Carriage Cameo
2006 Keystone Cougar
2005 Keystone Zeppelin
1999 Coachmen Catalina

2017 Ford F350 Powerstroke
Curt Q25

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock
:W