cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2004 Holiday Rambler both A/C units stopped working

rmbloom
Explorer
Explorer
We were having problems with the GFI plug in the bathroom. It kept tripping. I replaced it last week and no more issues.

Now the A/C will not come on. I'm sure it is totally unrelated, but can't remember if the A/C has worked since then.

The heat is working fine. We have two A/C units and neither of them will come on. The fan will not come on. The HR support line thinks it is the thermostat so I have ordered one off eBay. It is the 5 button comfort cool thermostat.

Does anyone have any other ideas as the new one will not arrive until Friday. We are in an RV park in Florida on shore power 50 amp.

Thanks for any suggestions!
3 REPLIES 3

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. 5 Button tstats rarely fail.
2. You did not state IF you had a display on the wall tstat. DO YOU?
3. The 5 button CCC uses a Phone cable type communication and is extremely difficult to test without using a test cable.
4. The Roof AC units run off 120 power and the tstat runs off 12 volt power from the FRONT Zone 1 AC unit.
5. Odds are you have a corrosion issue at the front Phone type cable at the front AC connections. This is probably true if you have Lo Profile Penguin units on top.
6. I would NEVER use a OEM support for my diagnosis and troubleshooting. They are NOT trained Technicians on the phone.
7. IF you have no tstat display then the odds are the problem is at the front upper AC unit communication connections. Doug

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Question, when the bathroom gfi kept tripping would the a/c trip with it? Are there any other plugs out right now? Typically the A/C should not mess with the bathroom plug whatsoever.... Any chance you knocked a breaker loose?
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Do you have 12.6V+ DC to the A/Cs and the thermostat? Both of our rigs use DC to control the A/Cs etc. Do you have AC on both legs of the 50A circuit to the CB panel? Is the load shedding working OK?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob