cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I got carded today

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
At Soriana for the purchase of a bottle of rum. I never thought I'd live to see the day - in Mexico, of all places.
Mexico is changing.
16 REPLIES 16

Back in the day ( 1985 ) I turned 21, was at the establishment that I was a regular ( at times).. I told Steve the bar maid " round for the house". She asked why, I said its my birthday.. she said that's awesome, how old... She was dumbfounded ( AND PISSED) when I told her 21!
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
Texas used to have a bunch of crazy laws.
Had a blue law, stores had to close one day a week.
Went to K-Mart, open on Sunday, closed on Saturday.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
I don't drink alcohol, but I turned 21. I went to a liquor store to purchased something for my dad. It was the first time I'd ever been in a liquor store. I was so excited thinking I'd get carded and so proud I finally hit 21 and I was foma;;u legal! I got the purchase, when to the counter, paid for it and walked out! No 'carding'! I was sooooooo disappointed! (that was 1976).

LOL, had the same thing happen to me when I ordered my first (legal) cocktail at a Denny's one night just after midnight when I turned 21. I was thinking this will be a lot of fun but the hostess never even asked.
Talk about a buzz kill.

I still have a sealed bottle of "Two Fingers" tequila someone gave me on my 21st. Suppose it's any good?

I guess it depends on how old you are now ! ! !
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
DutchmenSport wrote:
I don't drink alcohol, but I turned 21. I went to a liquor store to purchased something for my dad. It was the first time I'd ever been in a liquor store. I was so excited thinking I'd get carded and so proud I finally hit 21 and I was foma;;u legal! I got the purchase, when to the counter, paid for it and walked out! No 'carding'! I was sooooooo disappointed! (that was 1976).

LOL, had the same thing happen to me when I ordered my first (legal) cocktail at a Denny's one night just after midnight when I turned 21. I was thinking this will be a lot of fun but the hostess never even asked.
Talk about a buzz kill.

I still have a sealed bottle of "Two Fingers" tequila someone gave me on my 21st. Suppose it's any good?

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, some places have strange rules. We hit a Wal-Mart in Texas at 11:50 am on a Sunday morning, the cashier asked me to move a bottle of wine to the back of the line of goods I bought (she couldn't touch it or process it as she was under 18, the electronics knew her age!). She called an older cashier to process the wine but the older cashier couldn't either because it wasn't noon yet!

ricklord2001
Explorer
Explorer
In Georgia we used to go to the same restaurant several times a week for lunch. We'do sit at the bar and also have beersome with lunch. We got carded every time, even though they knew us, plus I was in my early 60's and my buddy late 60's. This chain restaurant fired any employees that forgot or accepted a fake id

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Last checkup Doc said I was just fine!

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Redwoodcamper
Explorer
Explorer
I was there a year ago and our bus hit and killed a female pedestrian at 3am. The driver fled the scene on foot. 40+ people looking at each other like WTH just happened. Hasn't changed that much. Not saying people should be scared of it. Great place, just not nearly as nice as Belize.
2011 ram 3500. Cummins 68rfe. EFI live. 276k miles and climbing.
2017 keystone bullet 204

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
We brought cosmetics to a friend's 14 YO daughter from the USofA to La Manzanilla, Jalisco, Mexico which is difficult for her to get. The daughter offered to pay for it, but we gave it to her as a gift. She then gave us a bottle of Absolute Vodka from her mother's store, which she somehow knew that we preferred. No one checked for ID. I love Mexico.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Lwiddis wrote:
Scott, you are as cruel as...me!

Thanks, I try ๐Ÿ˜‰

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Gbopp is bragging again...he got carded? In Iowa?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Scott, you are as cruel as...me!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Did your ID leave your sight or was it copied?
Maybe they changed their laws?

A few years ago I was in Iowa (or somewhere out that way) and I was carded.

But, it was a college town we were passing through. The guy said they card everyone. He had a person in his 80's buy beer and he got carded.
I don't know if it was a law or just the store policy.

I got my beer, I didn't care.