cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

rust

KBPH
Explorer
Explorer
Should I Be worried that my brand new Class C with less than 1500 miles has more rust under it than my work van that is 2 years old and 120,000 miles on it. The camper has rust on the drive shaft, frame, axles and on and on.
8 REPLIES 8

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
ronfisherman wrote:
fourthclassC wrote:
I spray my rv underbody with fluid film every fall. Excellent rust preventer

Same here. Works very well. But everything under RV has this oily film on it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

X3, the thing is though too bad the MFG's wouldn't just use a metal rust paint to protect it a bit better. It is possible (and dirty) to go wire wheel that stuff off and paint. Be prepared for a shower after.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

ronfisherman
Spray it on rust.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

KBPH
Explorer
Explorer
thanks I was looking into fluid flim. can it go over rust or does it need to be sanded and painted first

ronfisherman
fourthclassC wrote:

Same here. Works very well. But everything under RV has this oily film on it. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

fourthclassC
Explorer
Explorer

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
There would be no sense in worrying about rust if you live in New England, it will happen.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
your chassis vin is older than your coach vin, happens all the time ,the rv factory buys them by the hundreds and lets them sit till there ready to build.

USAFBILL
Explorer
Explorer
probably set in the manufactures open lot several several months waiting to enter the assembly process.
2003 Cougar 285EFS
2000 Chev 2500 Ex Cab