cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capilano RV Park, Vancover BC

ADOR
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone camped at this campground with a Tow Dolly? I only asked because when I tried to book a site, the lady I spoke to almost cancelled my reservation when I told her that I will be coming in on a 32ft Class C RV, towing a small car on a tow dolly. As soon as she heard the word "tow dolly", her immediate response was "I have to cancel your reservation". She said I will not fit in the 40ft site. Their website clearly stated that "You will have to unhook your vehicle and park parallel to the road".

There are no more 50ft site available.

I told her that once I unhook my car, I can remove my tow dolly and tuck it underneath, or beside the RV (at least the front portion of the tow dolly). In doing so, it will only add another 3ft to my 32ft RV. Still plenty of room for a 40ft site. (I measured).

Anyone had experience this with this campground? Will I really have a problem when I get there? Should I start looking around for another campground that are more tow dolly friendly or still have 50ft sites?
We are planning on staying for 5 days. I don't want to be turned away when we get there. I have read some bad and good reviews about this campground in TripAdvisor.
3 REPLIES 3

ADOR
Explorer
Explorer
I called them and asked. I spoke with Chris (manager). He was very helpful. Took my phone number. Called me after about 2 hours. I was told that they have a large group reservation for the week we are intending to come in. I guess he was able to squeeze us in. Vancouver here we come!!! 🙂

DaveG39 wrote:
I stayed at Burnaby Cariboo RV park last summer. They have separate parking lot available for cars and pickups and tow dolly can be placed sideways in front of motorhome. I have a 36' class A and was able to park car sidways in front of MH. Perhaps you could call them if you continue to get hard time at Capilano.

DaveG39
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed at Burnaby Cariboo RV park last summer. They have separate parking lot available for cars and pickups and tow dolly can be placed sideways in front of motorhome. I have a 36' class A and was able to park car sidways in front of MH. Perhaps you could call them if you continue to get hard time at Capilano.
2007 TropiCal LX towing 2012 Honda
CRV, Goleta, CA

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Moved to RVing in Canada
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP